“Welcoming and cosy Pub Restaraunt”
Review of West Port Hotel

West Port Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Linlithgow
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Welcoming and cosy Pub Restaraunt”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We came in from the rain after a vigorous walk around the loch and peel and the open fire and comfy looking seats could not have looked more inviting. We had not booked and it was a busy Sunday but we were accommodated into a comfortable spacious booth. We were well attended to and served rapidly with drinks followed by a delicious main course. We finished up with a lovely sweet dessert and warming coffees and teas. We were able to take our time, relax and warm up. The staff were friendly and very attentive and the food was top notch as was the venue itself. I love the plush carpeted loos and the decor in general. We will definitely come back when we are next in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MamaDoe2013
WestPortLinlithgow, Manager at West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you very much for your great review of your visit to West Port.
We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and all the complementary things you have to say. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Linlithgow.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel on January 24th this year with my two sisters. First impression was great as the staff were so friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean, warm and cosy. The food was very good and the prices were reasonable. I will stay there from now on when I go to Linlithgow and would recommend this hotel. Keep up the good work!!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3, a bit small but because it was winter I got a great night sleep as the heating w...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
WestPortLinlithgow, Manager at West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review and we look forward to seeing you again when your back in Linlithgow.
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We have eaten here a few times now since it re-opened and the food has always been very good. There was a slight problem with the service a few months ago but that seems to be resolved and service has since been good. I hope that they decide to change the menu on a regular basis. Overall very good value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
WestPortLinlithgow, Manager at West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for your review of The West Port following your recent visits. It's great to hear you keep coming back for more!
We are continuously striving to improve our service and try to respond to whatever our guests demand. Therefore you will be particularly pleased to learn that we are in the early stages of developing our new menu and, once we are confident we have it right, we'll be rolling it out.
Keep checking back via our website for more news.
Bathgate
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Popped in for coffee and made a point of going back for lunch because the west port was such a lovely cosy little place. Staff were very pleasant and happy to stop for a chat and the food was lovely and very reasonably priced! I've never written a review on trip advisor before but I felt obliged to recommend this place! well done guys :)

• Stayed January 2014
WestPortLinlithgow, Manager at West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Welcome to the Trip Advisor community and many thanks for making your first review such a positive one following your recent visit to The West Port.
We're glad you liked our restaurant so much and particularly pleased to read your comments regarding the friendliness of the team. It is always a great boost when we receive such positive feedback.
I'm sure we'll get the opportunity to welcome you back again real soon!
LEEDS
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We visited the West Port for New Years Day lunch, going for the typical steak pie. West Port is a lovely building, nicely decorated, located in a super town, but our lunch was underwhelming. The steak pie was OK, but plates and beans were cold and veg was unexciting and probably frozen, not fresh. We ate from the "New Year's Day Special Menu" that was more expensive than the A la Carte (we even overheard a young trainee being instructed to hand out the special menu rather than the standard because the prices were higher!)
At the end of the meal we were UNDERCHARGED by £55. Although tempted to cut and run, I informed them of their error, but did not get a lot of gratitude. Overnight I noticed that our new bill had OVERCHARGED us, so I had to all the way back to West Port. Thankfully, the error was dealt with efficiently and with courtesy,

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank stephenlebeau
WestPortLinlithgow, Manager at West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your review Stephen, I was pleased to hear that you like the new look of the West Port since our refurbishment, it has went down very well in the town and has certainly kept us busy since re-opening.

I am sorry that you felt disappointed with the quality of your meals on New Years Day, we pride ourselves on using fresh produce and only wish you had voiced your concerns on the day so that we could have rectified any problem at the time. Although I cannot comment directly about the conversation your overheard I would like to assure you that the New Years Day menu was great value in comparison to our A la Carte menu. It went down very well with other customers that day and we received lots of fantastic feedback.

I dealt with you personally on your return visit and refunded the money for the overcharged dessert, I would like to thank you again for your honesty in pointing out the missing meals on your bill and sincerely hope to see you back at the West Port in the future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We visited for an evening meal to be served by dis-interested staff, frozen food and overpriced wines-we did visit when it re-opened after refurbishment and could not fault-but how quickly they have reverted back to their old ways negligent staff and terrible food-which is exactly as it used to be? Bad management again!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John B
WestPortLinlithgow, Manager at West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback following your visit to The West Port.
As the manager I take all feedback to what goes on in my restaurant very seriously. I do wish however you had come to us directly with your concerns and give us the opportunity to listen to these directly and try to deal with your issues.
If you have a genuine concern then I'd invite you to contact me directly at westporthotel@maclay.co.uk giving more specific details as to the problems you had as well as when you visited so I can investigate this fully for you.
Linlithgow
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stopped by for a coffee and sandwich during a busy lunchtime. This was the first time my husband and I had visited the hotel since its recent refurbishment and we were very pleasantly surprised. The whole interior has been opened up with clean lines, attractive furnishings, excellent use of colour and a good mix of different seating. The front of house staff were excellent, providing a ready welcome even though the restaurant and bar were full. We were very, very impressed by the table staff who could not have been more helpful and seemed to have a smile for everyone despite the fact that it was such a busy environment.
Our sandwiches arrived on attactive wooden boards, with fresh granary bread (not from a packet) and salad on the side. The coffee was excellent. We could, for once, actually have a conversation in a crowded place and hear each other speak!! All of this made for a great stop-over and snack. We congratulate the hotel management and staff. We'll be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenny_orme
Thank you very much for your glowing report following your recent visit to The West Port.
Time and time again I hear reports of how helpful the team are and I never tire of hearing it. The team work incredibly hard, aiming to improve the service every day.
I'm sure we will be seeing you again soon and hope we can impress you as much on your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linlithgow
Champany Inn
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa

Been to West Port Hotel? Share your experiences!