“Disco near the hotel, impossible to sleep. Not a cool place....!”
Review of West Port Hotel

West Port Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Linlithgow
milano
“Disco near the hotel, impossible to sleep. Not a cool place....!”
Reviewed 11 January 2010

Impossible to sleep because near the hotel there was a disco. High music till the 3 a.m.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The room was dirty and the hotel and should be renovaded!
We spent 45£ for 1 night (booked with laterooms.com).
The breakfast was acceptable, but not superb!

If you want to sleep.. I would recommend that you do not stay here!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fabio S
jayrod1, Manager at West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2010
Thank you for your comments, since your stay at the end of 2009 we have had renovations done in our rooms and restaurant area. The noise that you experienced was unfortunate but we do state on laterooms about the disco and any rooms affected by noise on a Saturday evening are on a referral basis only. We do this so that we can speak to the client through laterooms to advise of this making the stay completely the customers choice.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
London
Reviewed 6 November 2009

I had booked this hotel for four nights at the end of September.
Apart from the general drabness of the place and the musty smell of my room, this hotel failed in one major way:
My third night there I got back to the hotel rather late, although it was before midnight. I found myself locked out. There was absolutely no way in. I had left the key at the hotel as it was too big to go in my pocket.
I had been phoning them from about 11-30 that evening to make sure they would be open to let me in. No answer. They had actually shut the hotel down at 11-30. This must be unique in the entire world.
There was nothing I could do. I tried the police but they said that as no crime had been committed there was nothing they could do to help me.
So I was left standing on the pavement outside at midnight with nowhere to go.
Luckily the pub next door was open so I went in and spoke to a few of the locals.
They were all pretty disgusted with the hotel and one of them very kindly put me up for the night in his nearby flat.
The next morning I had to leave early, so I got to the hotel at 7 and was let in.
The chef was walking around in her white chef's suit and the receptionist was there. I explained what had happened. They didn't seem very interested and the chef wouldn't even give me a cup of tea, saying that the kitchen didn't open for another half hour.
The kitchen was open. I could see it and hear it.
This hotel failed, utterly, to offer me ANY hospitality at all.
I wrote to the hotel managment later and have yet to receive anything resembling a formal apology.
I would highly recommend that you DO NOT stay at this unpleasant and poorly run hotel.

Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
7 Thank Pippington
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linlithgow
Champany Inn
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth
Dakota Edinburgh
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry

Been to West Port Hotel? Share your experiences!