“Special Dinner evening”

MasonBelles Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 53 Restaurants in Linlithgow
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Description: Tucked away through a secluded archway in the historic town of Linlithgow, Mason Belles Kitchen, a new family-run restaurant led by Chef Proprietor Linsey Scott, opens its doors early October 2018. Linsey has over 22 years' experience in the industry, leading teams in some of the most well-renowned establishments.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were invited by family to celebrate a special occasion at this restaurant. We were warmly welcomed by friendly staff and our orders for drinks and food was soon taken. However it was disappointing that our food order took a really long time to be delivered - this was unfortunate as the quality of the food was very good. It was not a particularly busy evening and we wondered how long the delay would have been if the restaurant had been really busy.

1  Thank Ian B

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My grandparents took me out for lunch here today and it was a cast iron hit! We had the flatbread to share as a starter - delicious with generous herb topping and aged balsamic. I then had the Superfood Salad with salmon (delicious refreshing dressing and hint of smoky sweetness - the salmon beautifully cooked and flavourful - hot smoked I think). My gran had chicken with manchego which looked - and by all reports was - exceptional! My grandad had steak taco which he really enjoyed. I’m on a diet so I skipped dessert and just had coffee (exquisite roasty flavour of proper coffee!) my grandparents tried ice cream and rice pudding though and were raving about them. I love the garden and the design of the place is nice. Great service too. I live in Edinburgh but would travel here for lunch. Excellent.

Date of visit: November 2018
scotty026, Owner at MasonBelles Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the 5 star review, we at MBK are vert happy you and your grandparents had an excellent lunch especially coming from the town (Edinburgh) and I'm very happy we did not disappoint you.

Personally the chicken and manchego is one of my favorites on the menu and it looks like we never disappointed your Gran.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Stuart Scott

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had lunch with friends at mason Belles Kitchen recently. There were positives and negatives about our visit. I think they are still having a few teething problems. Our table was two tables together of Different heights which was awkward when sharing a starter. At the table next to us a couple we’re having a business meeting with a computer. This we found off putting in case our conversation disturbed them. The waitress asked us if we would like drinks but didn’t have the wine list with her. We had flatbread to share which was nice but would have liked a small plate included to place the shared pieces on. Three of us had chicken which was delicious but the vegetables were barely warm and the potatoes over cooked. There were only ten of us in the restaurant and the other six were ahead of us in courses so there was no excuse for barely warm vegetables. Our friends have since returned and had a delicious lunch so maybe we were unlucky. We will certainly try again.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our first visit to Mason Belles but definitely not our last. A group of six of us dined here, so we sampled a reasonably varied choice of menu items. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals - the flavours and presentation were faultless. The staff were attentive, polite and friendly. What a fantastic addition to Linlithgow’s culinary offerings. We’ll definitely be back!

Date of visit: November 2018
swe3theart, Owner at MasonBelles Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi DiDiDaw,

Thank you very much for our 5 Star Review myself and the team really appreciate it.
This review means a lot to us and we really do take a lot of pride in our work, as a team have worked very hard to try and make every experience one to remember so we are delighted we have been able to fulfil this for you and your comments is everything we wanted in a restaurant and for our customers.
We thank you again for taking the time to review and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nipped in for dinner with my partner only to find the set up of the restaurant very well presented and the staff very attentive to our needs. Service was great as was the food both myself and partner tucked into a 3 course meal and the sticky toffee pudding was something out of this world!!

Hi Cameron,
Thank you very much for your lovely feedback it is very much appreciated.
We are glad you enjoyed your 3 course meal and our homemade sticky toffee pudding.
The staff very much value your comments I am glad you felt your visit was worth our 5 Star review and look forward to seeing you both again soon.