“Fantastic, 5 star afternoon! ”

MasonBelles Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 54 Restaurants in Linlithgow
Price range: US$8 - US$52
Description: Tucked away through a secluded archway in the historic town of Linlithgow, Mason Belles Kitchen, a new family-run restaurant led by Chef Proprietor Linsey Scott, opens its doors early October 2018. Linsey has over 22 years' experience in the industry, leading teams in some of the most well-renowned establishments.
Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

Myself, my partner and both side of our families visited MasonBelles Kitchen for a Christmas Lunch and also a birthday. The service we received was absolutely fantastic and the food was faultless! Will be recommending to everyone. What a fantastic afternoon!!

Date of visit: December 2018
scotty026, Owner at MasonBelles Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2018

Hi Leighh94, Thank you very much for the five star review, we are glad you had a fantastic afternoon it means allot to us and this is what we want to see in MBK.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Mason Belles Kitchen.

Regards

Reviewed 24 November 2018 via mobile

This place hasn't been open very long so we weren't sure what to expect. Everything was fantastic. It's small and was very busy when we visited so it's best to book well in advance. I had the sticky sesame chicken to start and the burger for my main course. Both were fantastic. Staff are lovely as well. Definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: November 2018
scotty026, Owner at MasonBelles Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2018

Hi 804suew,

Thank you for the 5 star review and kind words we are very happy you had a lovely experience at Mason Belles Kitchen.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 November 2018

We were invited by family to celebrate a special occasion at this restaurant. We were warmly welcomed by friendly staff and our orders for drinks and food was soon taken. However it was disappointing that our food order took a really long time to be delivered - this was unfortunate as the quality of the food was very good. It was not a particularly busy evening and we wondered how long the delay would have been if the restaurant had been really busy.

1  Thank Ian B
swe3theart, Owner at MasonBelles Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Ian B

Many thanks for your review and 4 Stars.

We are glad you enjoyed the service, drinks and the food.

We are sorry on this occasion you were disappointed it took a long time to be delivered, it is not often this happens as the food generally is out in a good time frame cooking from fresh.

We do hope this has not put you off from visiting us again.

Reviewed 21 November 2018 via mobile

My grandparents took me out for lunch here today and it was a cast iron hit! We had the flatbread to share as a starter - delicious with generous herb topping and aged balsamic. I then had the Superfood Salad with salmon (delicious refreshing dressing and hint of smoky sweetness - the salmon beautifully cooked and flavourful - hot smoked I think). My gran had chicken with manchego which looked - and by all reports was - exceptional! My grandad had steak taco which he really enjoyed. I’m on a diet so I skipped dessert and just had coffee (exquisite roasty flavour of proper coffee!) my grandparents tried ice cream and rice pudding though and were raving about them. I love the garden and the design of the place is nice. Great service too. I live in Edinburgh but would travel here for lunch. Excellent.

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the 5 star review, we at MBK are vert happy you and your grandparents had an excellent lunch especially coming from the town (Edinburgh) and I'm very happy we did not disappoint you.

Personally the chicken and manchego is one of my favorites on the menu and it looks like we never disappointed your Gran.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 November 2018

Had lunch with friends at mason Belles Kitchen recently. There were positives and negatives about our visit. I think they are still having a few teething problems. Our table was two tables together of Different heights which was awkward when sharing a starter. At the table next to us a couple we’re having a business meeting with a computer. This we found off putting in case our conversation disturbed them. The waitress asked us if we would like drinks but didn’t have the wine list with her. We had flatbread to share which was nice but would have liked a small plate included to place the shared pieces on. Three of us had chicken which was delicious but the vegetables were barely warm and the potatoes over cooked. There were only ten of us in the restaurant and the other six were ahead of us in courses so there was no excuse for barely warm vegetables. Our friends have since returned and had a delicious lunch so maybe we were unlucky. We will certainly try again.

Date of visit: October 2018