“Best B&B I have been to”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Linlithgow
B & B Lumsdaine House
Ranked #5 of 11 Linlithgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Myself and my partner have just spend 4 fabulous days in Edinburgh and stayed at this fantastic B&B. Lumsdaine House has to be the best I have ever stayed in. It is situated in a great location, within easy distance to all local attractions. Margaret and family made us feel very welcome and could not do enough for us. The house is spotlessly clean and the breakfasts were superb, with a good choice. I would recommend this B&B to anyone and we are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just had the most wonderful stay at Lumsdaine House. Margaret is a lovely host - nothing is too much trouble for her. As soon as we arrived, we were offered tea and gorgeous home baking. Breakfast was a delight, and it certainly lived up to its Healthy Living Award with at least 5 different fruits available as well as cereals, cooked breakfast, and scones and pancakes as well as toast. The bedroom was wonderfully appointed - plugs and mirrors in exactly the right positions, and every extra you could think of. Most appreciated was the tariff for my room. As a single traveller, travelling with two friends, I have been charged full price for a double room, or stuck in a box room with no en-suite. At Margaret's, I had a beautiful en-suite twin room to myself at only £5 per person more than my friends. Fantastic!
I certainly hope to return one day. I would recommend Lumsdaine House to anyone.

Room Tip: All are lovely
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Just spent an excellent 3 days staying with Margaret and Peter. Couldn't fault the house in any way. The room was very comfortable, spotlessly clean, and large! Beautiful views from 3 windows. Large bathroom and great shower. Breakfast was brilliant with a large choice of cereals, fresh fruit and fresh pancakes and scones. Would prefer to keep Lumsdaine House a secret for ourselves. Vacancies could be few and far between. Give it a try,you won't be disappointed. We spend a lot of time travelling and this is one we would certainly return to and recommend . Thank you again Margaret and Peter for letting us share your lovely home.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This must be one of the best b&bs in the country. Clean, comfortable and welcoming. Margaret cannot do enough for her guests. Breakfast is fabulous with lots of fresh fruit and creme fraiche and a lovely cooked breakfast. I would recommend this house to anyone.
Christine & Pat, Yorkshire

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely but like room 1 the best
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Great hospitality, sustainable with food, taking care of customers and situated in a nice area. Margaret Millican is a conscious owner with honourable work with taking care of the customers and serving a healthy food. The B&B is easy to reach and in a walking distance along the Union Canal to Linlithgow. Emma & Björn Pettersson, Sweden

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The first thing one notes on arrival is the large paved driveway and parking area - such a relief. We were welcomed by our very friendly host and settled in a nice large quiet room. Lots of room in the B&B to relax. Excellent breakfast.
We particularly enjoyed a walk in the area surrounding Lumsdaine - fields nearby, and access (with a bit of a walk) to a lovely path beside a picturesque canal.
Overall, very enjoyable and highly to be recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The weather in April 2013 may have left a lot to be desired but I have just spent four extremely comfortable nights at Lumsdaine House where I was made most welcome and enjoyed fresh fruit; eggs from the chicken outside and home made Scottish pancakes for breakfast. (There were other choices but I am vegetarian.)
The location is very convenient for touring around the central belt of Scotland - with easy access to motorways (Glasgow; Edinburgh; Stirling and surrounding areas) but, because of its rural location, offers the best of both worlds with peace and quiet and beautiful views over the valley.
As an OAP travelling alone, I also appreciated the fact that, on returning in the evening, the whole area around the house was well lit!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo