“Cannot recommend”

Ranked #9 of 11 Linlithgow B&B and Inns
Germany
“Cannot recommend”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

OUr experience was very similar to the other review. Booked the room several months in advance with a credit card to hold it. Specified a 9:00 p.m. check-in time. We realized around 7:00 that it would be closer to 10:00. We then emailed the hostess as a courtesy that we would be a little later. We arrived by 10:00. The hostess was unfriendly, reprimanded me for not calling, told me that i shouldn't have gotten lost (which we did because the street wouldn't show up in our GPS) and then proceeded to tell me that she didn't even have our reservation. After saying that she didn't have a room for us and our 2 kids, she offered no help whatsoever - not even a suggestion - as to what we could do EVEN THOUGH I had a copy of the reservation in my hand. AFter my husband got involved, she finally offered to see if she could rearrange some other guests. We ended in a room with 3 beds ( my son had to sleep on the floor). In the morning, she did "find" our reservation and took what we were willing to pay. But, we were almost out on the street the night before since she had already given away our family room. If you are counting on the room being there when you expect it, i wouldn't recommend booking here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jennifer R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oldham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2010

I book one night's stay in the B&B for two of my colleagues via theB&B's own online booking form. My credit card details were taken and I received an email confirming my booking with a reservation number. On the day in question, my colleagues arrived at the B&B after a long days driving and working and were told that there were no rooms available. On producing the confirmation documentation, the owner's response was that she had not checked her email (the room was booked 2 clear days prior to arrival) and she had reserved the rooms for someone else. She was not prepared to change this arrangement and my colleagues had to find somewhere else to stay. Not acceptable in my mind. If you have an online presence and even an online booking system - CHECK YOUR EMAILS!

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business