“Welcoming hosts, charming decor”
Review of Bo'mains Farmhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Linlithgow
Bo'mains Farmhouse
Ranked #2 of 11 Linlithgow B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“Welcoming hosts, charming decor”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My partner and I stayed the weekend at Bunty and Martin's immaculate B&B while attending the Bo'ness silent film festival at the century old Hippodrome cinema, which we would also unreservedly recommend. The setting of Bo'mains is stunning and we were made to feel most welcome. Kinneil House (with its Renaissance wall paintings and woodlands) is an easy stroll away and Bo'ness has many examples of interesting buildings of its homegrown architect Matthew Steele. The B&B is full of character and we enjoyed staying in a happy family home and functioning farm rather than a nondescript motel. We are looking forward to repeat visits!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We've just returned from a great stay at Bo'mains Farmhouse. We were offered a room in the newly built property next to the main building which suited us brilliantly due to having our 18 month old with us. The room was well appointed, spotlessly clean, and had LOTS of space (enough for another 2 beds in there). The breakfast was great (especially the homemade jam) and the welcome provided by Martin and Bunty was very warming. The views over Bo'ness were an added bonus. Lovely visit, great service and a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mrtonyt
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I am a lady and teach canine first aid courses across the country. When I travel to Scotland Bo'mains is always my first choice. Not only are Martin and Bunty wonderful hosts, making you feel very welcome in a "home from home" environment, but my Rhodesian Ridgeback Axl was also made very welcome indeed. Axl stayed with me in my room. There are lots of lovely walks in the area not to mention Linlithgow Castle just a couple of miles away which is just stunning. The breakfast was super and nothing is too much trouble. My room was very pretty with a well appointed ensuite shower facility and wi fi facilities. I will be working back in Scotland again and I most certainly WILL be staying at Bo'mains.

Room Tip: Some rooms have better wi fi than others so would suggest asking for a room with a good signal if th...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Fantastic stay at the Bo'mains, we received a lovely warm welcome. Our room was lovely, very clean and well decorated. Our breakfast was very lovely and lots to choose from, never left he table hungry. We will deco return and a great start to our new year. Thank you

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Bunty kindly put us up fpr several day at a very reasonable rate. We were able to watch the harvest in progress and had such a wonderful view of the river and farm land. Couldn't ask for better accommodations. I was in the main house in a cozy room that was more than what I expected in comfort and quaintness. Breakfast was an assortment of anything you could ask for from cereals to yogurt, fresh fruit to the full meal deal. The dining area is quite impressive and made me feel like I was at a royal table (even though in my jeans). You could not go away hungry. I am greatful for the recommendation of Bo'Maines from our friends down the road in Bo'Ness. Thanks for such a great experience. Lauri Camara, Seattle, Washington USA

Room Tip: The main house was great for me.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Warwickshire
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Just returned from our second stay at Bo'mains and once again it was excellent. Bunty and Martin are so very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are great with lovely bathrooms and the breakfasts are to die for! Already planning our next trip!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Martin & Bunty, what a couple, nothing was too much trouble for them. We were part of a wedding party attending my nephews big day, Martin even organized a restaurant for us to eat at with very little notice, we were not disappointed.
The rooms were exceptionally clean and the whole place had a lovely feel about it, breakfast was to 'die for' very filling and if you wanted more toast just ask and it was there!
This was a twelve out of ten............

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linlithgow
West Port Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
Court Residence
Court Residence
#1 of 11 in Linlithgow

Been to Bo'mains Farmhouse? Share your experiences!