“Luxurious and Comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Linlithgow
Strawberry Bank House
Ranked #4 of 11 Linlithgow B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“Luxurious and Comfortable”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I spent 2 nights at Strawberry Bank House.
I was welcomed by Gillian and John the welcome is warm and friendly.
I was then shown to my room (room 1) a double on the ground floor.
The room is fantastic well decorated and coordinated with quality furnishings.
The king size bed is comfortable which made for a good nights sleep.
The bedding is of good quality.
The lcd tv had a good selection of channels and the wifi is reliable with no signal issues.
Tea coffee with biscuits is supplied and a bottle of sparkling water.
The ensuite is immaculate as is the whole house.
A warm shower with nice soft towels and toiletries supplied.
The breakfast is fantastic you have a choice between continental and cooked the food is excellent and the portions are good.
The room rate is reasonable.
I thoroughly recommend Strawberry Bank House, Gillian and John are excellent hosts, they have a beautiful and comfortable home where you are looked after.

Room Tip: All rooms would be of a high standard.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hi There. Many thanks for your kind feedback following you stay at Strawberry Bank House. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are visiting the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Andalsnes, Norway
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I arrived late friday night and was met by a very welcoming host who showed me my room and handed over the keys. John was very kind and helpful, even though i arrived later than the usual check-in time. I got the Stewart room, and it was just excellent! A big ensuite room with a king size bed waited. Just what I needed after my trip from Norway to Linlithgow. John and Gillian had given a lot of thought to the interior, design and all the extra. On each side of the bed was a bottle of water, there were fresh fruit on the commode and even a water boiler with all sorts of tea and coffee. There was a fridge in the hallway outside the room where there always was milk, and a box with nuts and crackers. I was impressed!

I stayed at Strawberry Bank House for a week - and I enjoyed every minute. The breakfast was amazing - you could help yourself at a table with cereal, yoghurts and several sorts of juice. After the hostess had welcomed you and made sure everything was alright, she asked if I wanted fresh tea or coffee. A menu was situated on the table, it contained everything from 'Full Scottish Breakfast' (which by the way tasted really good) to 'Smoked Scottish Salmon'. After I had made up my mind, Gillian came and took my order and then I didn't have to wait long before the meal was placed in front of me. Every morning was like this - beautiful..!

The room was cleaned and the bed was made up every day while I was out, and I could lock my self in whenever I wanted with my universal key. And the location was excellent - Strawberry Bank House is situated maximum 5 minutes from the train station and the main street.

This was the first time I had stayed at a B&B, and something tells me that it will be one of my best B&B-stays. I have absolutely nothing negative to say and I would absolutely recommend staying here. Thank you very much for a pleasant stay John and Gillian!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hjelo
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Hjelo, many thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay with us at Strawberry Bank House. We try very hard to make everyone's stay with us the best that we possible can so it is very gratifying when someone takes the time to provide us with such an encouraging review.

We do hope that we are able to welcome you back to Strawberry Bank House again if you decide to revisit.

Once again many thanks for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

A thoroughly nice place to stay. Very comfortable ensuite twin room with all the necessities one would expect of a top rate B&B including an excellent shower. We received a very friendly and warm welcome. The breakfast has got to be one of the best we have ever had in our seven years of long distance walking. I would come and stay again if only to try something else on the breakfast menu!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are grateful for the feedback and pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.
Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed over at the beginning of August as we had a wedding in Linlithgow, I was hugely impressed by the standard of the room and overall cleanliness. The owners were really lovely and welcoming and the breakfast on the Sunday morning was top notch there was something for everyone on the menu. Have no problem recommending it to anyone as a lovely place to stay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Hi Susan, many thanks for you kind feedback following your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed you stay in our home and very grateful for the positive feedback. Its much appreciated.
Paget, Bermuda
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed over at Strawberry Bank for one night this past July and enjoyed our stay. John couldn't have been friendlier - what a charming host! The rooms we had were lovely and there was a lot of thought given to the decor and the little 'extras' - water, toiletries. Breakfast was lovely and we particularly liked the small, communal fridge where we could have fresh milk for tea and coffee made in the room - what a great touch! Would definitely recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Alyson, many thanks for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in July and would hope that we could welcome you back soon.

Best Wishes

Gillian
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Whilst I have not personally stayed at this b&b, we suggested Strawberry Bank House to friends travelling to Scotland on holiday as a base for visiting Edinburgh and Glasgow. We ourselves live in Linlithgow and intended to meet our friends at their b&b following their arrival - when they were unexpectedly delayed we arrived before they did and John was very helpful, offering us tea while we waited etc. Our friends' rooms were very comfortable, clean and quiet, and the location is hard to beat - it is a two minute walk to the Cross, which is the main square in the town. It is also a two minute walk to the train station for travel to Edinburgh/Stirling/Glasgow, etc. I would highly recommend this b&b to anyone wishing to travel around central Scotland or who wishes to visit nearby Edinburgh during the summer, when city centre accommodation prices are sky high.

• Stayed July 2013
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Many thanks for your kind review. It was our pleasure to look after such a lovely family and hopefully they enjoyed their stay with us. I know they were looking to try and come back to stay with us on their way home however we were unfortunately fully booked on the dates which they were looking for. Hopefully we will be able to accommodate them the next time they return to Linlithgow.
Dollar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently for a wedding reception. From the very beginning, we knew we had found a truly amazing place.
With a warm welcome Gillian & John made us feel at home. Room was lovely with an impressive eye for detail, all the wee extras (fresh fruit, water, toiletries etc) were greatly appreciated. Huge en-suite would not be out of place in a 5 star hotel, again attention to detail was evident even down to the large soft fluffy towels.
Breakfast was very tasty and piping hot.
Strawberry Bank House is ideally situated for visits to Linlithgow, Edinburgh or the Union Canal basin.
It is obvious that both Gillian & John take a great deal of pride in their elegant house, the results speak for themselves with the positive feedback on this site.
I would have no hesitation in recommending the Strawberry Bank House to any of my friends. Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Subeng
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Many thanks for taking the time out to write such a lovely review about you stay with us at Strawberrybank House. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hopefully being able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future. Many thanks once again from both John and myself. It was our pleasure to look after you both.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linlithgow
West Port Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
Court Residence
Court Residence
#1 of 11 in Linlithgow

Been to Strawberry Bank House? Share your experiences!