“A Great B&B in Linlithgow”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Linlithgow
Strawberry Bank House
Ranked #5 of 11 Linlithgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed at the Strawberry Bank B&B for 6 nights (June 20-26, 2014). It was a great experience. I met my 2 brothers here to do some family research as our Scottish ancestor came from here. They also had a room at this location. We found it very convenient for day trips as the train station was close by. Train noise was definitely not a problem. It is also close to the Union Canal Center where we enjoyed a boat ride on the canal. Gillian and John are extremely friendly and provide an excellent breakfast which we enjoyed each morning. Gillian arranged a taxi service to take us to locations nearby that were not accessible by bus or train which was very much appreciated. The room and bathroom were spacious, the bed comfortable and everything you could possibly need was provided. We would recommend this B&B to anyone staying in the Linlithgow area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #3 which I think is the largest room available.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Hi Stan. Many thanks for your kind review. We are so pleased that you and your brothers enjoyed your stay in our home and hope that your trip revealed many interesting facts about your families origins.

Regards

Gillian

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at this B & B. Upon our arrival we were warmly welcomed by Gillian and shown to our room. She offered suggestions on dinner options and things to do. Our room was spectacular. It was very large and well appointed with tasteful, quality furnishings. The ensuite was also large and well appointed. The bed was most comfortable. Our room was at the back of the house and so it was very quiet. Our breakfasts were excellent and cooked to perfection. The breakfast menu leaves you thinking you are in a 5 star hotel. The B & B is well located near the centre of Linlithgow and only about a 5 minute walk from the train station. Gillian and John are the perfect hosts. This is a luxury B & B, not to be missed. We will stay here again should we get back to Linlithgow.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Brian, many thanks for your every kind review of our B&B. It was a pleasure for John and I to look after you when you stayed with us recently. We are delighted that you found our home to your liking and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time you visit this part of the world.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

One night stay while attending Scotland's Birdfair, but an unexpected delight. Attractive, well-appointed room; SPARKLING modern bathroom with thoughtful touches - excellent quality soaps, fluffy towels, real water pressure. Typical tea tray but real milk and wider selection of teas/coffees in common area. Jillian & John were both cheerful AND helpful; their dinner recommendation was 'spot on.' Location was likewise PERFECT. Easy walking distance to food, high street, castle and loch-side walk. Full English breakfast was above average; fruit and cereal offerings even better. I didn't expect this value for the price - I thought half again would still be good value. Unless you want pampered resort hotel standards or twee pseudo-historical, this is the place in Linlithgow.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Gretchen, many thanks for your very kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed the stay at our home and found the facilities to your liking. I hope that you enjoyed the bird fair at Hopetoun House. Hopefully we can welcome you back next time you are in this part of the world.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed in this B&B as part of a wedding party. Some of us were there two nights, others just one. Gillian could not have been more accommodating and helpful and the wedding preparations went perfectly.
The rooms are decorated to a high standard and are clean with everything you might need and everything working. It is in a very central Linlithgow location, some of the rooms have views out over the loch and castle. There was a wide choice for the breakfast provided and it was well presented and excellent to taste. The whole stay was good value and highly rated by all of our party who stayed.
If you are staying in Linlithgow, stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hi Sean, many thanks for your kind feedback. It was our pleasure to look after you and I hope that all of the wedding arrangements went to plan. Hopefully we can welcome you into our home if you are every back in Linlithgow. Regards Gillian

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I spent 2 nights at Strawberry Bank House.
I was welcomed by Gillian and John the welcome is warm and friendly.
I was then shown to my room (room 1) a double on the ground floor.
The room is fantastic well decorated and coordinated with quality furnishings.
The king size bed is comfortable which made for a good nights sleep.
The bedding is of good quality.
The lcd tv had a good selection of channels and the wifi is reliable with no signal issues.
Tea coffee with biscuits is supplied and a bottle of sparkling water.
The ensuite is immaculate as is the whole house.
A warm shower with nice soft towels and toiletries supplied.
The breakfast is fantastic you have a choice between continental and cooked the food is excellent and the portions are good.
The room rate is reasonable.
I thoroughly recommend Strawberry Bank House, Gillian and John are excellent hosts, they have a beautiful and comfortable home where you are looked after.

Room Tip: All rooms would be of a high standard.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hi There. Many thanks for your kind feedback following you stay at Strawberry Bank House. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I arrived late friday night and was met by a very welcoming host who showed me my room and handed over the keys. John was very kind and helpful, even though i arrived later than the usual check-in time. I got the Stewart room, and it was just excellent! A big ensuite room with a king size bed waited. Just what I needed after my trip from Norway to Linlithgow. John and Gillian had given a lot of thought to the interior, design and all the extra. On each side of the bed was a bottle of water, there were fresh fruit on the commode and even a water boiler with all sorts of tea and coffee. There was a fridge in the hallway outside the room where there always was milk, and a box with nuts and crackers. I was impressed!

I stayed at Strawberry Bank House for a week - and I enjoyed every minute. The breakfast was amazing - you could help yourself at a table with cereal, yoghurts and several sorts of juice. After the hostess had welcomed you and made sure everything was alright, she asked if I wanted fresh tea or coffee. A menu was situated on the table, it contained everything from 'Full Scottish Breakfast' (which by the way tasted really good) to 'Smoked Scottish Salmon'. After I had made up my mind, Gillian came and took my order and then I didn't have to wait long before the meal was placed in front of me. Every morning was like this - beautiful..!

The room was cleaned and the bed was made up every day while I was out, and I could lock my self in whenever I wanted with my universal key. And the location was excellent - Strawberry Bank House is situated maximum 5 minutes from the train station and the main street.

This was the first time I had stayed at a B&B, and something tells me that it will be one of my best B&B-stays. I have absolutely nothing negative to say and I would absolutely recommend staying here. Thank you very much for a pleasant stay John and Gillian!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Hjelo
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hjelo, many thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay with us at Strawberry Bank House. We try very hard to make everyone's stay with us the best that we possible can so it is very gratifying when someone takes the time to provide us with such an encouraging review.

We do hope that we are able to welcome you back to Strawberry Bank House again if you decide to revisit.

Once again many thanks for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

A thoroughly nice place to stay. Very comfortable ensuite twin room with all the necessities one would expect of a top rate B&B including an excellent shower. We received a very friendly and warm welcome. The breakfast has got to be one of the best we have ever had in our seven years of long distance walking. I would come and stay again if only to try something else on the breakfast menu!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Gillian C, Owner at Strawberry Bank House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are grateful for the feedback and pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Linlithgow
West Port Hotel
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Court Residence
Court Residence
#1 of 11 in Linlithgow

Been to Strawberry Bank House? Share your experiences!