“Brilliant”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Linlithgow
London
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Great room, great service,great location,great breakfast,great value ...would I stay again? Yes. Would I recommend it? Absolutely.
One of the most charming places I have ever stayed? We aren't even golfers and it was still a great place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed for one night when working near by in Linlithgow.

Rooms are large and well equipped with everything you need. Little touches like the free alcoholic drinks in the room was nice, TV was old and not that many channels. Shower was the most powerful I've ever used although it did takes 10mins to work out how to turn on the hot water. Ordered the T-Bone in the Chop & Ale House, was lovely and juicy. Would nearly say its the best that I've ever tasted but still expensive. Never tried the restaurant, far to expensive.

Breakfast was HUGE and complete, could not face it all, still digesting the T-Bone from the might before.

If I'm ever in the areas again I would most definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Only has 12 or so rooms. Most of these are identical.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have just stayed for the dates of the English bank holiday weekend. The room was a good size with a very large en suite. A nice touch with the loo and bidet shielded off! We ate in the restaurant as opposed to the chop and steak house where we have eaten on a previous visit. The prices in the restaurant are more to the top end of dining, but provides good value.
There were noticed that they did not do room service, but a quick chat with reception organised a glass of wine for my wife!
Very friendly and helpful throughout!
Thanks to all involved!
Steve and Joy Paine

• Stayed May 2014
Europe
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This Inn has 2 restaurants and was recommended by a friend because of the fine dining restaurant. Unfortunally we came on Sunday and it was not open, so we ate at the Chop House which was the only choice left. I have a T-bone steak and left half of the meat on the plate because it was not eatable. My friend had fish and chips and they were tasteless. Table are so small and very cramped seating. No one bother to ask the refill when our drinks / glasses were empty during the meals. Can’t enjoy our meal because of the food nor the uncomfortable sitting and service.
About the Inn, I totally agree with Jennifer s.The rooms with tartan deco and breakfast are very nice. But the staffs at the reception are not very friendly and never smile. It feels like they just do their job and don't seem enjoy meeting the guests. You ask one question and they answer one question, just do what they need to do and nothing more.
The next morning my friend did the checked out and went out to pick up the car, left me with 5 pieces of bags with me. I could only manage to carry 2pieces at a time .There are 2 doors between the rooms to the reception and to the main front door. At that time there was no one at the reception. The receptionist just looking at me watching me struggling trying to open the doors to the reception room and the same time trying to keep the door opens while I passed all my suitcases. Then another female staff happened to walk in while I tried to walk out with all my suitcases into the reception room. I was in her way so she couldn't pass the doors, instead of helping me to hold doors open while I past my bags; she just looked at me and then ask if I need any help. They need to improve their service because it is not enough just having the nice rooms and surrounding. Warm kind service is as important as the rest

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fatty2004
Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The champany is a beautiful country hotel, gorgeous tartan decorated rooms and lovely country kitchen serving wonderful breakfast. All staff were excellent apart from the receptionist who was not overly friendly and could do with a customer service skills refresher course.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Murthly
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We regularly travel from Perthshire to the Champany for an excellent T-Bone steak, we have been visiting for years and always a great steak. very cramped seating at lunchtimes and often too packed which means you are sitting very close to others with tiny tables that you struggle to put your plate on if you also have a glass for drink.

Why not open your evening restaurant during the day, give is dining with more room,

good food but cramped in seating

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoyAM B
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This was my second visit, but my husbands first. My previous visit had been just months before my wedding with a few friends 4 years ago so it was time to bring my husband! We were warmly greeted and directed to our room, complete with a champagne welcome. We spent a few hours relaxing before our wonderful meal. The service is second to non, your wine glass is never empty and food arrives promptly and to specification, especially the steaks. The decor is out of this world with every nook and cranny telling a story. You are not just paying for your meal but the whole package which although some people may feel its expensive, they obviously have not entered the Champany spirit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blackhartent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linlithgow
West Port Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,829 reviews
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club

Been to Champany Inn? Share your experiences!