“lovely night's stay”

and 1 more site!
Champany Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Linlithgow
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for one night in late June. The bed was nicely firm, fluffy towels and the room was well appointed with a bay window talbel overlooking the garden. The bath was nicely sized, with a shower and separate bathtub, although both were a bit on the small side. Plenty of hot water, excellent water pressure and good shower head. Good tea and coffee appointments in the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We ate that the Chop House, which provides reservations for guests of the Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa27516

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here whilst attending hopeton horse trials and it was excellent. Staff very kind and helpful ensuring we always had a table in the chop n ale house each night as they knew we were up early each day and out all day. Great food and wine and the room was lovely very rustic and to a high standard. The breakfast was superb and the whole ambience and cleanliness excellent. The lady who owns it is all over it! She is professional and always asked how our meal was and invited us to drink in the bar as we were staying the weekend. This place knows good food with no frills and the staff in the chop n ale great.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed for one night on the way to Edinburgh. Very nice size room with everything you need as well as a nice size en suite. Free refreshments in the room. We ate at the Chop House. The food was very good and the atmosphere was stimulating. The bartender and the wait staff were extremely friendly. I absolutely would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great room, great service,great location,great breakfast,great value ...would I stay again? Yes. Would I recommend it? Absolutely.
One of the most charming places I have ever stayed? We aren't even golfers and it was still a great place to stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed for one night when working near by in Linlithgow.

Rooms are large and well equipped with everything you need. Little touches like the free alcoholic drinks in the room was nice, TV was old and not that many channels. Shower was the most powerful I've ever used although it did takes 10mins to work out how to turn on the hot water. Ordered the T-Bone in the Chop & Ale House, was lovely and juicy. Would nearly say its the best that I've ever tasted but still expensive. Never tried the restaurant, far to expensive.

Breakfast was HUGE and complete, could not face it all, still digesting the T-Bone from the might before.

If I'm ever in the areas again I would most definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Only has 12 or so rooms. Most of these are identical.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have just stayed for the dates of the English bank holiday weekend. The room was a good size with a very large en suite. A nice touch with the loo and bidet shielded off! We ate in the restaurant as opposed to the chop and steak house where we have eaten on a previous visit. The prices in the restaurant are more to the top end of dining, but provides good value.
There were noticed that they did not do room service, but a quick chat with reception organised a glass of wine for my wife!
Very friendly and helpful throughout!
Thanks to all involved!
Steve and Joy Paine

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This Inn has 2 restaurants and was recommended by a friend because of the fine dining restaurant. Unfortunally we came on Sunday and it was not open, so we ate at the Chop House which was the only choice left. I have a T-bone steak and left half of the meat on the plate because it was not eatable. My friend had fish and chips and they were tasteless. Table are so small and very cramped seating. No one bother to ask the refill when our drinks / glasses were empty during the meals. Can’t enjoy our meal because of the food nor the uncomfortable sitting and service.
About the Inn, I totally agree with Jennifer s.The rooms with tartan deco and breakfast are very nice. But the staffs at the reception are not very friendly and never smile. It feels like they just do their job and don't seem enjoy meeting the guests. You ask one question and they answer one question, just do what they need to do and nothing more.
The next morning my friend did the checked out and went out to pick up the car, left me with 5 pieces of bags with me. I could only manage to carry 2pieces at a time .There are 2 doors between the rooms to the reception and to the main front door. At that time there was no one at the reception. The receptionist just looking at me watching me struggling trying to open the doors to the reception room and the same time trying to keep the door opens while I passed all my suitcases. Then another female staff happened to walk in while I tried to walk out with all my suitcases into the reception room. I was in her way so she couldn't pass the doors, instead of helping me to hold doors open while I past my bags; she just looked at me and then ask if I need any help. They need to improve their service because it is not enough just having the nice rooms and surrounding. Warm kind service is as important as the rest

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fatty2004
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linlithgow
Westport Hotel
Macdonald Houstoun House
8 mi away
Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club

Been to Champany Inn? Share your experiences!