“Day out to the East of Scotland”

The West Port Hotel
Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Linlithgow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our new extended restaurant has a country inn feel and vibrant contemporary touches. With a fresh new menu, relaxed atmosphere and excellent service, the West Port is one of the best places to eat in Linlithgow.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Day out to the East of Scotland”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Interesting reviews but today's visit was worthwhile. Service could be quicker especially with the drinks but food of a high quality and prices fair. Staff very friendly and helpful. Will be back on our next visit

1 Thank DrSmart
WestPortLinlithgow, Manager at The West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit.
Thanks you for your constructive comments. I'm glad to read your comments are all generally positive and we hope to see you back next time you are in the area.

Bo'ness, west Lothian , United Kingdom
“Worst meal”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Just back from the west port hotel.had a couple off drinks today but must say..worst steak pie that I've had...was asked twice how was the meal when eating..waited till I finished before replying..got to say very very bland and not enough on the plate for £10.95p.
Yes on the menu. New potatoes (4 off halved) 2 bits off broccoli.and steak pie 5 pieces off meat plenty gravy and pastry...
Was told should've said during meal to complain.bad mistake if you ask me..Ps waitress took one pint of lager of the bill which was appreciated.but won't be back for a meal..£51 in the till reputation in tatters

Visited June 2014
WestPortLinlithgow, Manager at The West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thanks for your comments following your recent visit.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your steak pie and more sorry you did not give us the opportunity to do something about it. As you say, a server asked you twice if everything was ok but you only raised your concerns once you had finished. Our team come back to check on every table so we can eliminate any problems there and then.

As for your steak pie, well I cannot comment on what you ate that specific day but it remains one of our most popular dishes and a firm favourite amongst our regulars. Next time you are in I urge you to share any feedback you have, there and then, so we can deal with it in the restaurant.

Many thanks.
Jarrow
“Great food and friendely staff.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I tried to book a twin room here in November for the following June, but they had none available, so I ended up staying in Boness just down the road. So I thought I would come and eat hear instead and I am glad I did. My brother and I had a sharing platter as a first course, this comprised of home-made smoked mackerel pate, Lockerbie cheddar, gala pie and the nicest home-made onion chutney you can imagine. I then had the beef burger and my brother have the mushroom and goats milk cheese burger, both of which were absolutely gorgeous. Washed down with a couple of pints of local hand pulled ale. A malt whisky and coffee rounded the meal off to perfection. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. I for certain would go back if I am in the area again.

3 Thank RectorsRetreat
Many thanks for your review following your recent visit to The West Port.
Also thanks for such positive comments. It certainly seems like you took full advantage and tried a good selection of both our food and bar products. I'm glad to read how much you enjoyed our hospitality and hope next time you are in the area you get a chance to stay with us in the hotel too!
Livingston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appalled at the service”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just been here with my family for a Father's Day meal. Was going ok until I realised i was dining with a bunch of ants on the wall and table. When we told the staff they were not really concerned at all. Two seconds later we were presented with bill. Shocking service

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mummamc
Thanks for your review following your recent visit.
I've taken a bit of time to respond as I wanted to investigate your allegations.
I've spoken with the team on duty that day and a team member told me there was a customer who pointed out 3 or 4 ants around the table. However according to the team member this was as the guest was already settling their bill. Incidentally this team member has worked here for a number of years both before and since our refurbishment.
To suggest a team member would respond to a complaint by presenting the bill goes against anything any of my team have ever been trained and in my opinion incredibly unlikely, as they would understand the implications of this both towards the guest and for themselves. However I am not in the habit of arguing with customers and their opinions.
Regarding the ants, these were removed, the area checked and treated and they have never returned. Speaking with our pest control service they say in the warmer weather it is common for ants to scout out new territories but if they are eradicated quickly then there is nothing to be concerned about. Following their most recent inspection they too are not concerned.
I'm sorry you left with the impression you did and again want to reassure you that the service you say you received is not indicative of that found in The West Port.
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“great service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Nice atmosphere,, good beer and decent food. The menu was a little bit restrictive or maybe it was me being a bit faddy but I only fancied two or three items on offer. The service was unbelievable and no sooner had we ordered than the food arrived,, literally within 3 minutes. Reasonably priced as well

1 Thank mikeyp949
Thanks for your review following your recent visit, and thanks for such positive comments.
It's always good to hear such positive feedback and even better to share this with the team. They work very hard trying to do their best for the guests.
Regarding your comments on the menu choices, our menu is changing again this week so hopefully when you return you'll find a choice that suits your palate better.
Here's hoping you make it back in again soon!