“Recommend”

The West Port Hotel
Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Linlithgow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our new extended restaurant has a country inn feel and vibrant contemporary touches. With a fresh new menu, relaxed atmosphere and excellent service, the West Port is one of the best places to eat in Linlithgow.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Recommend”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Very good food. Excellent recommendation from the B&B we were staying at. Easy parking in the back as well.

Visited June 2014
WestPortLinlithgow, Manager at The West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to The West Port.

We're glad you took the recommendation you received to visit and that you enjoyed our food so much.

Be sure to pass the recommendation on!

Austin, Texas
“good food!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We ate here twice while in the area and attended a comedy show on Scottish History. (tongue in cheek.) good food, good service.

Visited June 2014
WestPortLinlithgow, Manager at The West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks for your review following your visits to The West Port whilst you were in the area.
I'm glad to read you enjoyed our food and service so much and that you were able to attend one of our comedy nights. I sure hope you enjoyed it!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Day out to the East of Scotland”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Interesting reviews but today's visit was worthwhile. Service could be quicker especially with the drinks but food of a high quality and prices fair. Staff very friendly and helpful. Will be back on our next visit

1 Thank DrSmart
WestPortLinlithgow, Manager at The West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit.
Thanks you for your constructive comments. I'm glad to read your comments are all generally positive and we hope to see you back next time you are in the area.
Bo'ness, west Lothian , United Kingdom
“Worst meal”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Just back from the west port hotel.had a couple off drinks today but must say..worst steak pie that I've had...was asked twice how was the meal when eating..waited till I finished before replying..got to say very very bland and not enough on the plate for £10.95p.
Yes on the menu. New potatoes (4 off halved) 2 bits off broccoli.and steak pie 5 pieces off meat plenty gravy and pastry...
Was told should've said during meal to complain.bad mistake if you ask me..Ps waitress took one pint of lager of the bill which was appreciated.but won't be back for a meal..£51 in the till reputation in tatters

Visited June 2014
WestPortLinlithgow, Manager at The West Port Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thanks for your comments following your recent visit.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your steak pie and more sorry you did not give us the opportunity to do something about it. As you say, a server asked you twice if everything was ok but you only raised your concerns once you had finished. Our team come back to check on every table so we can eliminate any problems there and then.

As for your steak pie, well I cannot comment on what you ate that specific day but it remains one of our most popular dishes and a firm favourite amongst our regulars. Next time you are in I urge you to share any feedback you have, there and then, so we can deal with it in the restaurant.

Many thanks.
Jarrow
“Great food and friendely staff.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I tried to book a twin room here in November for the following June, but they had none available, so I ended up staying in Boness just down the road. So I thought I would come and eat hear instead and I am glad I did. My brother and I had a sharing platter as a first course, this comprised of home-made smoked mackerel pate, Lockerbie cheddar, gala pie and the nicest home-made onion chutney you can imagine. I then had the beef burger and my brother have the mushroom and goats milk cheese burger, both of which were absolutely gorgeous. Washed down with a couple of pints of local hand pulled ale. A malt whisky and coffee rounded the meal off to perfection. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. I for certain would go back if I am in the area again.

3 Thank RectorsRetreat
Many thanks for your review following your recent visit to The West Port.
Also thanks for such positive comments. It certainly seems like you took full advantage and tried a good selection of both our food and bar products. I'm glad to read how much you enjoyed our hospitality and hope next time you are in the area you get a chance to stay with us in the hotel too!