“Wonderful Cafe”
Review of Cafe

Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Description: With impeccable service, Linlithgow Burgh Hall's Café is the ideal place for you to meet your friends whether it is for morning coffee, lunch or afternoon tea or indeed all three! Eat and drink on the wonderful outdoor terrace, weather permitting, then have a stroll around the beautiful rose gardens. For the café menu please visit our website.
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Had a lovely meal here with my friends- big open spaced cafe with a well priced menu. The staff where extremely helpful and attentive. Would highly recommend the Linlithgow burgh Halls Cafe for all!

3  Thank Blair S

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Cafés in Linlithgow are usually busy on a Saturday afternoon. The Burgh Halls cafe wasn't and I now know why.
The food is very basic and limited with mass catering type ingredients.
The panini was cold whilst the baked potato was scalding hot from being in the microwave. The service wasn't great despite the place being empty.
When I queried the lack of coleslaw with my food, the waitress felt the need to disagree with me despite it clearly being listed on the menu. If I recall correctly, she said 'we've changed the menu and it doesn't come with coleslaw anymore'. She did bring me a hotter panini with coleslaw to be fair however that wasn't really the point. I wasn't desperate for coleslaw, I just didn't feel it warranted her response.
All in alI, it's a real shame as it has a lovely outlook onto gardens and the Burgh Halls is a lovely venue.
We won't be back. There are so many other great cafés in Linlithgow.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

The service and food was ok just. It could be so good with a lovely setting and plenty of seats outside but to be honest i have had better quality from a van in a layby on the A9.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This cafe should be the best in town because of its location with a beautiful garden attached. I have been there three times, twice for coffee and once for lunch, On each occasion I have found the serving staff off-hand - for example 3 of them standing behind the counter chatting to each other and ignoring me waiting to be served. The coffee is ok but nothing special - and there are other cafes which serve superb coffee within a short distance, Lunch (baked potatoes) was a disaster. The spuds had obviously been done in a micro-wave and the skins were 'uncuttable' with the cutlery provided.

1  Thank Hazel064
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is a lovely restaurant offering a varied and interesting menu. Our lunch-party tried several alternative courses, all were superb in composition presentation and taste. As another reviewer has stated the standard must be close to Michelin, however given how competitive the world of fine cuisine is these days ( maybe not in Linlithgow) I thought the menu was pricey at £30 for three courses and a glass of Chilean Sauvignon blanc. One of our party was vegetarian and there was nothing on the menu suitable. One suggestion by the waiter was proferred ( butternut squash and gnocchi ) without any alternative which would have been enough to sway a Michelin judge in the wrong direction, however the veggie thought it was really tasty. Given that portion sizes are tailored for those watching their waist line I can't in all fairness award five stars for what was in all other respects an excellent dining experience.

1  Thank Skatterbrain