“Dinner for Two”

Champany Inn
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Linlithgow
Price range: US$0 - US$195
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Dinner for Two”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Champany's Chop Shop restaurant has been a favourite of ours for many years, from the cosy feel of the croft, to the friendly staff and of course the fantastic food.

If you love a good steak you cannot go wrong with a Champany T-bone or even a nice piece of ribeye, we've also enjoyed their Boerewors (South African sausage) and the lamb chops too.

Never disappointed with a meal here :o)

1 Thank DebraNix

“Vegetarian sausage”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

As a vegetarian I find it quite hard to satisfy my hunger with the obligatory mac cheese or veggie burger but I must say this wee gems veggie sausage was beautiful. They come in 3 varieties and each was a delight too the taste buds. Quaint and cosy is how I would describe the dining area. The staff can't do enough to please and I would highly recommend a visit if ur in the area :-D

1 Thank Margaret L
edinburgh
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Firstly I have heard from a number of people how awesome this place is, so I was setting myself restaurant experience up on a pedestal straight away. It was a warm day and to be fair I have never been inside the place before but it was tiny and worse for wear, possibly too small to get a breath of fresh air. (can't imagine how it would be uncomfortable when busy, which it was not thank goodness) I won't call it rustic just run down with the chairs, decor etc. I like contemporary so since I was taking out friends it would not be my place of choice style wise but it was a treat for them more so.

We had soup to start which was nothing short of bland and I have had better soups at motorway service stations, which is no compliment. So the mains came and they were unremarkable, not bad, not great just expensive for what it was. I was rather embarrassed that this place was meant to be something special for a special occasion but fell completely short of my expectations. We didn't bother with desserts as I just wanted to leave asap.

That very week I had been to the Sheraton Grand Edinburgh, Inchyra and Dakota which they all blew The Champany away for all aspects of my restaurant experiences. I've always wanted to go to this place, but I don't think I'll need to venture there again after my curiosity has been fulfilled. I was disappointed but everyone wants something different but the food just didn't make up for the other downsides. Sorry!

2 Thank ecosse-explorers
scotland
“WONDERFUL STEAKS IN THIS RESTAURANT”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is fine dining at its best.Staff were courteous and very efficient. The dining room is really impressive and the paintings, wall-hangings, candles and traditional furniture created a warm , comfortable atmosphere .After ordering our food , we did not have to wait long before it was their steaks were the best ever and the sauces served with the steaks were unbelievably served and the waiter was most helpful in guiding us through the menu.Our guests agreed that delicious Our criticism was directed at the chips which were more like chunks of potatoes and not ' chip -like ' There was an excellent selection of sweets but the main course was so substantial that our guests could not be persuaded to indulge any further. Having to pay for side dishes of vegetables was disappointing as to eat in the Champany Restaurant is expensive and we were surprised when ordering the food to be asked if we wanted veg as normally these are included in the price.This was a special place for a special occasion .

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great place to visit”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

5 of us dropped into the bistro for lunch on a Saturday on account of the restaurant being open in the evenings only. The staff were very warm and friendly with us and other diners, and the venue has a charm endearing to an old set of buildings. The ladies toilets were genuinely a pleasure to visit (you have to visit to see what I mean!). We all enjoyed our food and would definitely return to try out the legendary evening menu in the restaurant. One negative note .... we sat at a table by the bar, and the noise from discarded bottles and the ice bucket being refilled can be noisy for those with sensitive hearing. Ps .... the chocolate tart with cream was divine and a great way to polish off the main course!

• Visited May 2014