“The worst meal we've ever eaten.”
Review of The Bridge Inn

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #21 of 46 Restaurants in Linlithgow
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My brother and I visited last night. Restuarant was empty on arrival (7pm) and had no atmosphere, apart from a lot of staff milling about. We decided to give it a go regardless. We opted for the set meal as it was only £10.80, you can't go wrong at that we thought! The started was supposed to be Chicken skewers with sweet chilli, however what we got was pre packed, reformed chicken satay things that you find in Asda- disgusting! My main of scampi was the oddest colour I've ever seen, a bruised purple/pink colour! Finally, our jam sponge which was completely tasteless! The whole way through the meal there was a camotion going on at bar where machinery was getting moved about and the 'staff' were generally too involved with one another (chatting, shouting, laughing loudly) to even notice us. The atmosphere was terrible! We felt as though we were intruding! The food was brought out to us with just minutes in between courses and yet we ended up going looking to pay as we'd sat being ignored for so long (too busy getting themselves something to drink and chatting). In fairness we didn't complain when we were there, what was the point, I wouldn't have wanted a replacement of yet more disgusting plastic food! Ironically, not once did anyone ask if we enjoyed our meal. If you feel you've over paid at £10.80 then you know you've had a really atrocious meal and that the staff were so completely unprofessional that they made you uncomfortable.

5  Thank Feed_me8

Reviewed 28 June 2014

was a very nice old world setting but the food was not as outstanding. My wife had the chicken with bacon (ham in USA) and wasn't impressed with the ham. My lasagna was fine but overwhelming with the cheese.

2  Thank Brad P
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Sat outside to enjoy the weather, road can be a little busy but that was our choice.
Choose gammon and hickory chicken both were very good portion sizes. Chios and wedges taste a little old and the veg tasted tinned. Service good and beer good. Wont be rushing back

1  Thank tice12
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We hadn't visited the bridge inn for some time and had heard that it had changed owners so decided to give it another try. It has a pleasant atmosphere and cosy cottage look. We were the first customers at 12.30 but within a short time the place was packed. We had chicken skewers with chilli sauce and salad and garlic bread with salad. Then roast beef with chips Yorkshire pudding carrots and peas. And to finish off Black Forest gateau with cream all for £10.50 each. The only fault I had was with the gravy which is very thick and the main course lacked seasoning. Overall it was very good pub grub and excellent value for money. The two waitresses served the whole room with out any fuss or delays and were very pleasant. We would certainly go back.

2  Thank Frances B
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Wrote a review a while back and was disappointed to see recent poor reviews but visited anyway. Pleased to say it was excellent! Lasagne best I've had and very reasonably priced. Staff still friendly. I'd still thoroughly recommend as seems to be homemade compared to the other places in the town