“Our Second Stay ... Has Gone Downhill a Bit”
Review of Garville Court

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ennis
Garville Court
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Boston, Massachusetts
“Our Second Stay ... Has Gone Downhill a Bit”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed in this property for a week in the Summer of 2005 and this is a return visit for 3 nights (coincidentally the same unit, #10).

The Good: Good value and perfect for a family of 5 (3 bedrooms, one double, one twin and one single), two full baths (one with a tub, the other a shower), a nice sized kitchen, living room and fenced back yard. Living room has gas fireplace and parking is ample.

The Not-So-Good:

The property is starting to show its age and has not been maintained to top standards. Examples include a leaking sink and inoperative cold water tap in the lower bathroom, kitchen cabinet drawer which came off in our hands, lack of kitchen utensils (likely ripped off and not replaced) such as a cork screw, colander, etc.

The back yard looked bleak and weed infested. A forlorn picnic table (sans umbrella) was the sole adornment and tired clothesline with an assortment of broken clothespins set the mood. Not at all inviting.

Both my son-in-law and I are pretty handy, but for the life of us could not figure out how to get the washer/dryer combo to dry. We checked with the nice lady in the office, but she didn't seem to want to get involved. Also, lacking clear operating instructions, we had problems figuring out how to turn on the hot water without heating the rooms. Partial directions were posted in the laundry room, but it was trial & error to get it sorted.

The pay-in-advance, make a deposit, pay for utilities drill is unusual. I was charged $23.86 for three day's utilities, which struck me as excessive but I didn't make it an issue.

It seems to me that just a little effort would easily make this a four-star property. I liked the layout and size of the townhouse, but it lacked upkeep. I'm not a fussy traveler, but had higher expectations set by our earlier visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JKHuddy

Couples
Solo
Business
Hillsborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Just back from a week at Garville Court and Woodstock Hotel and Country Club in Ennis. Bottom line is that I couldn't recommend it enough. The property was spacious, clean and had all the facilities that made a self catering break as simple as possible. No WiFi though, to those that need it.
The Hotel and Country Club were close by and provided a good alternative to travelling further afield. It also has Wi-Fi.
The Woodstock Golf Club is an excellent and challenging course, whilst the Pro Shop has 2 of the friendliest and helpful people (Avril and Ann-Marie) you could wish to meet.
The best compliment I can pay them is that if I get the chance I will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family