“Browsing Bliss.”

Sceal Eile Books
Ranked #2 of 9 Shopping in Ennis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Eclectic Books for Eclectic Minds. We stock a huge variety of interesting new, rare and used books. Expand your mind! "A delight" - Lonely Planet.
Reviewed 12 January 2010

This is such a wonderful bookshop, I hardly know where to begin! It's very hard to believe Sceal Eile is only a few years old. It's a cosey shop, almost Dickensian in style with a lit range and an armchair down the rear for browsers. Everytime I visit I find myself walking out with an armful of unexpected treasures. The selection of books available is ecclectic and diverse with something for everyone and anyone, I can't wait to visit again!

1  Thank CrionaG

Reviewed 11 January 2010

This is an old-fashioned bookshop, with arm-chairs & a turf-burning stove at the back, for comfortable browsing. They have a huge range of new,second-hand & antiquarian books. Irish & local history is a strong point & their Irish-language stock is second to none. Book launches & readings are popular occasions, especially during the annual Ennis Book-Club Festival !

2  Thank Mairenig
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I happened upon this little gem of a bookshop on a rainy afternoon, and it really made my day. I couldn't believe the range of books in stock, covering every imaginable genre. I had a lovely time browsing and chatting with the owner. There's even a little nook with a comfy armchair in front of the fire at the back of the shop. Heavenly!
This shop was the highlight of my trip to Ennis. It's the perfect antidote to the identical chains of bookstores to be found elsewhere. This shop oozes character and is heaven for bookworms!

2  Thank boola17