“We regularly visit the Royal Thai Orchid”
Review of Royal Orchid Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The Royal Thai Orchid is one of our standbys. There are two, maybe three restaurants in Ennis that we go to whenever we aren't sure where to go but want to go somewhere. The food is tasty and the service is attentive and friendly. Last time we were there was for an easy, relaxed Valentine's Day. A trio played some cool jazz while we enjoyed our spicy Thai meal.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

I visit Ennis regularly and have been to the Thai Orchid on a few occassions. I have to say the food is superb quality. They are very consistent and the staff are always lovely. Its got a real healthy feel to it and while you get pIenty of food you dont feel bloated after it. would reccomend the Tom Yam soup.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

My wife and I, visiting from Canada had dinner here in April 2012. As Thai cuisine is one of our favourites, we have experienced many excellent Thai restaurants in Toronto and environs. So we made a point of visiting a Thai restaurant in County Clare. The decor of the restaurant is very nice and the staff were very attentive and pleasant, but we were slightly disappointed with the food - the quality and taste was "just OK" but the quantity was definitely lacking. I was hungry again within an hour of leaving the restaurant. Anyway, I would try it again when visiting Ennis.

Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

This was a food & wine evening that was a joint event between the restaurant and the wine shop located next door. There was a tasting menu on the night as well as wine pairings for each dish.

There was also a jazz trio that played on into the night as we enjoyed further delicious wines (we were on a burgundy kick that night).

The food was, as it is always there, fantastic and the service very friendly and professional. Overall, this place is highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I was attracted to this restaurant over the nearby Thai Palace by the attractive decor. But that was the last I saw of any Thai influence, especially the food. It seemed very western in taste to me. My wife did not enjoy her chicken patay but liked the jasmine tea. The Irish owner was personable but we will keep looking for good Thai food in Ennis and Co. Clare.