“Great meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cloister Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 100 Restaurants in Ennis
Price range: US$8 - US$49
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated in the heart of medieval Ennis. This is a modern restaurant that serves fresh locally sourced produce. Wonderful to visit for a light bar meal during the day or more inventive cuisine in the evenings.
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We went to the Cloister last night Asa belated birthday treat for my husband. From the moment we walked in we were made to feel welcome. The staff were courteous and efficient. The owner personally welcomed us which was a nice touch. The food was perfectly cooked and nicely presented. The portion sizes were good and we went home full and happy.

1 Thank Tara G
Dear TaraG

Thanks very much for your positive review of your visit to us here at The Cloister. We are very glad your appreciated the welcome , service and overall experience we try to achieve every day.

Cork, Ireland
“Simply Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I cant rave about this restaurant enough! We ate here as a couple in April, and were completely blown away. We booked based on the TripAdvisor reviews alone, I had never heard of the restaurant before but am no surprised that I hadn't. Everything about this restaurant impressed us both far beyond our expectations, The welcome, the decor, the service, the menu, the quality of the food... the list is endless! I cant recommend this restaurant strongly enough, If you haven't tried it I encourage you to, you wont be disappointed! I cant wait myself to visit again as it was truly an excellent dining experience!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank JamieK87
Dear JamieK87.

Thanks so much for your lovely post of your visit to the Cloister. You have given the whole Team a great boost with such great comments about both the food and service. Thank you.

Orlando, Florida
“Very Nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the Cloister Restaurant. Both of the owner/managers were terrific and made sure all was well during our entire visit. Terrific atmosphere and delicious food for a very reasonable price. This little gem is a great spot if you're in the area. It was suggested by our hotel concierge at Dromoland Castle. Brilliant!

2 Thank LoveAllThingsDisney
Dear AllThingsDisney

Thank you for your kind review of your visit to us here in Ennis. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed both the food and hospitality here at the Cloister.

Regards
Ireland
“Please Sir can I have some more !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have to say the service was fantastic & the seafood fresh but there just was not enough on the plate ! We tried a lot of different options of food on the menu & wine coupled with a cheese board but I was still thinking about Enzos for a bag of chips on the way home. We spent nearly 3 hrs there & the service & friendly bar man were top class. Note to self when going have a sandwich about 6 & you will fair better than I !!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GemsIreland
Dear GemsIreland.

Thanks for your review, glad you enjoyed your evening with us. Please be assured that should you return you will not have to go to a Chip-shop on your way home as I will be happy to provide you with a portion of our delicious home-cut French fries- free of charge.

Cork, Ireland
“Re: Thanks for a Fabulous Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had my 30th birthday meal last Saturday night. I wanted to do something nice as I LOVE good food and having read the reviews (and general word of mouth reviews) I chose the Cloister as the venue. I eat out alot, love making a night of it and will start by saying this restaurant is just that, its an experience. There is no rushing, no sense of being on the clock as soon as you step in like a lot of restaurants which is lovely.
There was a group of 17 for the meal, we arrived @ 7:30 for a pre-dinner drink in the restaurant bar which is seperate to the restaurant area. It is very nicely decorated, bright and comfortable and the staff were amazing from the start. No request was an issue, drinks service was great with people ordering from their seat. We were brought to the table @ 8. The restaurant itself is beautiful. The food was great, everyone of my guests commented on it and again the service throughout the meal was top notch. The food was hot, beautifully presented and very tasty! I want to thank the chef and staff for doing such a fine job and catering to everyone's whims over the evening.
I would definately recommend this restaurant for a nice evening meal or for an occasssion, they can certainly cope with groups. I look forward to getting home to Ennis again for another visit. There isnt a restaurant in Cork that gives the overall experience I had in the Cloister, well done guys!

2 Thank Ailbhe M
Dear AibheM

Thanks for your lovely review of your visit to us here at the Cloister. Thank you for choosing to spend such a special event with us here. The whole team were delighted to read your post and we all appreciate your comments very much.

Dermot and all the Team.