“Poor Management led to no show of food.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Milano
Ranked #42 of 100 Restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: Italian, European, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Multi-select on the cuisines doesn't work. They've pizza and pasta (so, Italian?), but also vegetarian and vegan options.
Galway, Ireland
“Poor Management led to no show of food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Firstly we were greeted by a crudely worded sign stating no credit card facilities available. Another customer had to ask was laser available, no.

We arrived at Milano's Ennis at approx 12.30 last Sunday the 17th June, we were swiftly seated by the female staff member and a high chair was landed. We then got our menus. In the next 20 minutes two more tables of two adults and two children were arrived and were seated. The male waiter was taking a party of two adults and perhaps around 10 teenagers. Another man and his three teenage children arrived in, were seated by the male waiter and after 15 minutes being ignored, waved his goodbyes into the air and left.

The female then took the two tables order that arrived AFTER us. We said nothing because it was Father's Day and my daughter's fourth birthday.

I had to ask the female for the pencils and the colouring books after 15 minutes. No apology etc. Eventually I had to order a dish of the cold roasted tomatoes as boredom was setting in. The did arrive swiftly.

At 1.40 another table of two adults and three small children arrived, were seated and orders taken. At this stage my three children and the four children on the other two tables were getting giddy and cranky. Another group of people arrived and seated and again more time wasted taking their orders.

The straw that broke the camels back was this new table of three children got their starters and as the female was passing up to the kitchen area I pointed out we were here an hour before them and no food....she proceeded to check with the male waiter and then he picked up our docket and then started to put this into the till computer.

At 1.50 the atmosphere in the restaurant was electric with unhappy customers. The only thing I seen served in 90 minutes was a few kids starters.

Then the female waitress become the chef by donning a hat!!! At this stage she could be seen engaging in a bout of kissing and hugging with a blonde woman and a man of french nationality outside the cooking area.

I waited till the dot of two oclock and then I picked up my handbag and asked the waitress/chef could a member of management be contacted, on which I was told she was the manager. I asked how long was my food (ie two pizza and two kids meals approx €50) going to be. She stated the restaurant was very very busy and it would be along SOON. I stated how soon, she said she didnt know. I said we have to be in Galway for three oclock and if the food wasnt out in five minutes we were leaving. She went over to the chef and told him to start on our order next. She said she'd have the food packaged up in 35 minutes and we could bring it with us. Disgusted I stated what sort of a Milano's is this. She proceeded to continue the salad she was throwing together, ignoring me and I waited for a minute and eventually turned away and gathered up my husband and three children and left.

While I was there I witnessed the SLOWISH Chef ever. He had no get up and go.

Two hours and five minutes to wait for two pizza and two kids meals and to us there was a huge probability that they woudlnt even arrive at the that point even though the manager was prepared to allow us to skip the queue of the other diners waiting........

This is the first time ever I had to walk out of somewhere.

I did email Milano's headoffice at 7AM Monday including my mobile number but after fours days heard nothing back so have decided to place my review here.

On the plus side we did find a lovely pizza place in Ennis town, beside Libby's Filling Station. €5 for 10inch pizza (one topping), chip and drink. Fabulous fresh pizza arrived in approx 10 minutes.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank PMcNGalway

Brentwood, Tennessee
“Decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Decent meal. Pleasant atmosphere. Contemporary. Pleasant experience.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Allison M
Detroit, Michigan
“Perhaps a bit pricy but we enjoyed some great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I have to disagree with some of the other reviews. The pizza we ordered was fantastic, as were the dough balls (pizza dough served with garlic butter). The pizza was 10", so perhaps smaller than some would expect for the price, but the ingredients were fresh and it tasted fantastic. We popped in for an early dinner, and although the restaurant was pretty busy, the service was great. I would certainly return if in the neighborhood again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ennis, Clare, Ireland
“Milano the best pizza in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Although its more expensive than most take aways the pizza here is definitly worth it.
The decor is clen and modern and the staff friendly and relaxed

Visited February 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Great Chowder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Service was great and all food was fresh and delicious.

Visited May 2012