Do not stay here. Spend a little more and stay elsewhere. Our carpets were filthy and stained with what looked like vomit, the room was filled with dust and cobwebs, the shower had stains all over it, and there were lots of holes in the walls and a broken picture frame hanging on the wall. Additionally, the room smelled like stale cigarette smoke. The shower was broken so you couldn't adjust the temperature and was scalding hot. To top it off, the hotel is directly above a nightclub, which has salsa dancing until 2AM. Our room was literally vibrating - and this all happened on a Sunday night. When we checked in, the hotel staff was rude. We asked about the nightclub noise and she said, "it shouldn't be a problem." When we asked for a different room, we were told that there wasn't a clean one available, as the housekeeping staff left for the day before cleaning the rooms that were vacant for the night. (We later learned that this was not true when offered another room at midnight due to the noise by a different staff member. This was also above the nightclub so it didn't make a difference). We spoke to a manager the next day and complained, but have yet to receive a refund. Lonely Planet guidebook recommended it... and we can't figure out why. This was a TERRIBLE hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strong literary & historical connections,located at the Centre of Ennis town. A minute's walk from Ennis Friary, this traditional hotel is 5 minutes' walk from Cusack Park and 1.1 km from the train and bus stations. Rooms include satellite TV, as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Free WiFi is available in public areas. Full Irish breakfast is offered for a surcharge. There is a modern restaurant/bar, The Queens Bar where food is served all day. Cruises Bar and Restaurant is also located in the Building which is a traditional Irish Bar. Enjoy old world charm & good old fashioned Irish Hospitality in the award winning Cruises' Bar. Relax next to the open fire or perhaps join in one of our impromptu music sessions, Cruises' promises to be lively, entertaining & full of mighty craic! Good Food is served all day with Local Quality Ingredients. There are 2 on-site nightclubs, Queens NightClub and The Sanctuary which are open 4 nights a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Queens Hotel & Night Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queens Hotel And Nightclub
- Queens Hotel Ennis
- Queens Hotel Nightclub
- Queens Hotel & Night Club Ennis, Ireland - County Clare