Last Sunday evening my family and I visited the Poets Corner, with a view to having dinner there like so many times in the last thirty or so years. Upon arrival there all the tables were in use, so we waited about 25 minutes or so which is not unusual. This is the usual pattern, and when a table becomes available whoever is nearest sits and gets served, this is how it has been for as long as I am going there. However, when we sat down a young barman arrived under the guise of wiping the table and told us we would have to leave, as there were people waiting longer than us, when I asked him where they were, he pointed at two people (very much his own age) who were sitting very comfortably at the bar, where there was no reason I could see why they could not be served where they were, thus enabling the five of us plus the two of them to be facilitated, and the hotel to
benefit. This was for me a most humiliating experience in a place where I have recommended to very people for a very long time, and taken any visitors I have ever had reason to entertain in Ennis. Also this is coupled with an incident in the Town Hall restaurant for my husbands 60th birthday, when they had no record of my booking. Someone need a wake-up call!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Old Ground Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- Old Ground Hotel Ennis, Ireland - County Clare