We stayed one night and got a great rate: E62; we also opted to take breakfast for an additional E10 which again was excellent value.
The hotel is centrally situated in town and has country house hotel style.
Experience started very well with a warm and cheerful reception and a nice feel to the various residents' sitting areas. The room was small (only big enough for a double bed) as was the en-suite but was well furnished and OK for a one night stay. We had dinner in the restaurant which was very good and rounded off the evening in hotel's pub, listening to some traditional music.
The staff deserve a particular mention - from reception through housekeeping, bar and restaurant; they were without exception personable and professional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare