This was our second visit to The Old Ground and once again loved it. We stayed two nights which included breakfast and one evening meal. We had dinner in the dining room on the first night. It was superb. Beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. And above all served to us with such lovely friendliness. On the second evening we had food in The Poets corner bar. This was also excellent. The breakfast each morning was also wonderful. We have stayed in many hotels in Europe, Scandinavia and USA (many 5 star) but I think The Old Ground can not be beaten for a feeling of welcoming comfort. I love the lobby and adjoining seating rooms where you can sit by the fire, read your book or newspaper or converse with other guests visiting Ireland. I would love to return for a visit at Christmas time when I imagine the place even feels more cosy. To conclude it's a real 'feel good plce to stay'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare