Just back from a 1 night stay in this lovely hotel. Could only stay 1 night on this occasion, however totally enjoyed the experience and hopefully next stay will be longer. Check in was friendly. Room was excellent, all you could wish for. Spotless bathroom,with plenty of towels and soaps etc, Bedroom was generous sized, and queen size bed was very comfortable with controls on central heating, slim tv and coffee and tea making facilities. There was also a single bed in the room. We had a snack in the bar before heading off to meet friends and it was good. Returned sometime before midnight and there was traditional music in the bar which was nicely packed and the atmosphere was relaxing and enjoyable.Staff catered admirably with the large number of guestS for breakfast,which was excellent. Good choice of cooked breakfasts, which were cooked to order (unlike most hotels)with a very good selection of breads etc. Overall really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and hopefully next year we will stay for longer. My only small quibble is the car park Car park is quite large and we did manage to get a spot when we noticed a car leaving but it's quite chaotic and you get the impression that not all the cars belong to hotel guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare