Old Ground Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
Dromoland Castle Hotel(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
1,694 results
All reviewstown hall restaurantthe pubpoets corner barold world charmlovely old hotelold styledining roomtraditional musicshannon airporthotel bargreat atmospheretour grouplovely townlive musictop classlast weekendscones
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Staying for 2 nights in this fantastic hotel.We had a small issue with the room on the first night.After talk to reception the next day we were told not to worry.We went travelling for the day and on our return were upgraded to a suite.Included in our stay was a meal and like the hotel it was fantastic.Will be recomending it to family and friends.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had a beautiful room with its own conservatory! Very luxurious bedding and nice seating area as well. The only drawback was the single elevator which was monopolized by a tour group leaving as we were trying to get down to breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

A staff member in the near by Town Hall restaurant directed us to this spot as they could not fulfil the needs of all in the party. Thank you. Stopped here to have lunch with visiting family. Food and service was of a good quality and I was happy with my choice. Seems to be a popular spot with local also.
Getting to the toilet was a bit laborious, so might be tricky for some dining guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stopped off in Ennis midweek to catch the start of the local winter Trad Fest. Room was warm and cozy, bathroom basic facilities. Very popular bar attached to hotel so we decided to check it out and where not disappointed. Good value food with friendly service. By 10pm it was standing room only with no less than 11 musicians playing Trad music. Great location to walk and check out Ennis and at a great price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with my girlfriend. As you drive in you're welcomed by the sight of a beautiful old Country house mansion residence. On entering the reception area a big open fire is there to greet you along with excellent and friendly staff. Our room was spacious and lovely. We decided to have dinner in the bar section of the hotel, as bar food goes it was of a particularly high standard, I had a lovely duck liver pâté starter accompanied by Melba toast and t bone steak for main which was medium rare as I ordered it! My girlfriend had a pasta dish which she liked and a carrot cake for dessert, I was so full I could only manage an Irish coffee! But I ended up trying the carrot cake and it was delicious. It's funny I picked up a paper the next day and happened on a glowing review from paolo tulio about the old ground but it was about the restaurant in hotel (we ate in the bar), sadly we were leaving early the next day so didn't get to try the restaurant. Just as we were finishing up a live traditional irish music session started which was a real treat for my French girlfriend. After we sat out by fire, with some drinks. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It has such a nice old style feel to it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple