Walking into the old hotel my husband and I knew that this experience would be memorable. The staff welcomed us with smiles, a lovely comfortable room and an invitation for tea beside the lobby fireplace. Our room was spacious, quiet and deliciously tactile, from the linens and towels to the chairs and window seat. The good bedside lights made for perfect reading and a hot shower topped off a nicely appointed room. Breakfast was beautifully served, hot and delicious in the dining room, with linens and crystal. And then the pub awaited us just down the hall. The Poet's Corner has seating in nooks with library style wood and antiques, lunches are excellent and served quickly and pleasantly, and in the evening it is lively, bustling and music filled....some people even played the Irish spoons for us over a brimming Guinness....it just doesn't get better than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare