This hotel was the best hotel on our entier Ireland vacation. Too bad we only stayed there two nights, and that it was the first stay!
We arrived very late in the evening, around 10 pm. Upon arrival, the front desk apologized that food service had stopped, but that he would have the chef make up some sandwiches and send them straight up to our room. Our room was beautiful, with an incredibly soft bed that I wished I could take with me. It was heaven! The bathroom was also incredible, with a walk in shower that was reminiscent of a car wash due to its many sprinkler heads in addition to the main spout.
The hotel's pub was awesome, full of plenty of locals, and offered an entrance from the town street and the hotel. Food, service and prices were amazing! Breakfast was also great. The lobbies were traditional manor house style, and there was always a merry fire going. One evening, our family set up a board game and played while we got drink service from the pub.
Ennis itself was a great town, still held that Irish traditional charm without being too small. All and all, I highly recommend staying here and in Ennis in general. Only 20 minutes to the Shannon airport, 20 minutes to the castle and folk park Bunratty and about 1 hour to the Cliffs of Mhor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Old Ground Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- Old Ground Hotel Ennis, Ireland - County Clare