Stayed here for two nights fri/sat with my wife and I have to say its one of the best run hotels I've stayed in.
Excellent food in the restaurant and an excellent choice for breakfast.
The stand out feature however was the attitude of the staff . Each member of staff was friendly , helpful and attentive and went far beyond what one would reasonably expect in terms of customer service. I must mention in particular one gentleman who , on hearing that our room was rather hot obtained a Fan for us and brought it to our room, he also recommended good bars around the town for us to visit
The only very minor fault was that the heat in the Hotel was stifling.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and it is a credit to the Management and Staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare