On a recent trip to Ennis we dined in the Town Hall Restaurant attached to the hotel. It was a wonderful experience. On a wet Saturday evening the ambience once the door opened was unbelievable. Bistro style with an amazing buzz.
Staff were extremely friendly and efficient. There were 2 menus to choose from. We were given a basket of homemade breads and rolls. The quality and flavour of all courses was undoubtedly one of the nicest I have had in Ireland in many years. My friend who does not have a very big appetite and picks at food ate every morsel.
I cannot wait to return to Ennis if only to have another meal in the Town Hall. Thanks to the lady in Carrigdoun for recommending same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare