Go for the cooked-to-order breakfast or an elegant dinner in the dining room. Friends had dinner in the bar/pub and said their meals were excellent, too. This is an old manor house that has been extended a few time to other buildings, so it can be tricky to find your room. The elevator is tiny and very slow so you may have to be patient.
My room was very old but clean and had everything I needed for my stay. Everyone in my group bragged about the comfortable beds, and I agree. There was free WIFI in my room and also an in-room safe. My room only had a shower and no tub, but I heard some rooms had both. If you have a preference you'll need to let them know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Old Ground Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- Old Ground Hotel Ennis, Ireland - County Clare