Ennis was a last minute decision. Having spent a little over 24 hours on the Dingle Peninsula, I decided to get a head start on my journey to the Cliffs of Moher, so I left Dingle in the late afternoon, drove up to the Shannon River ferry, and crossed into County Clare. Ennis seemed to be the place to stay, so I headed there. Tripadvisor reviews looked good, so I inquired at The Old Ground. The front desk folks were friendly and charming, and the deal reasonable (80 Euros for b&b). The room was comfortable (nothing too special) and quiet. The bed was great and the internet fast. I had dinner in The Town Hall, which was fabulous (if slightly expensive). The hotel is right in the town center, so it was nice to be able to park the car and walk around to explore (though not too much to see in Ennis). I completely enjoyed my evening at The Old Ground and the drive to the Cliffs the following morning was quick and painless. I spent a couple of hours there and another couple driving through the Burren before heading to Galway for the next couple of days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare