This was my third stay at The Old Ground and although reception was as friendly and efficient as ever, I was a little disappointed. Visiting my friends who live locally, I travelled with my husband and 24 year old niece. Unlike previous times, the service in the dining room at dinner and breakfast was rather surly, and we had to wait some time until anyone acknowledged us, let alone served us.
My biggest disappointment was the way in which the staff treated my niece. She wasn't even given her own menu at dinner. She is not a child, she is 24, and should have been treated more respectfully.
Rooms were very nice and Ennis was a gorgeous as it always is, but I was so disappointed that this happened. The Old Ground has always been my first choice of hotel when in the area, but I may look elsewhere in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare