Not much to Ennis, but convenient for heading out to the Cliffs of Moor (which we found anti-climactic after the Dingle Slea Head drive the day before...) This hotel was really quite lovely with beautiful grounds and lots of "old world" charm to the decor. A spacious room. Recently renovated upholstery. Very comfortable. Pub was fantastic! (must try the chicken liver pâté app, to die for!) Would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare