I stayed here for one night at the end of May. I was travelling solo on business. Staff at reception were super efficient and helpful. The room was on the lower ground floor and a bit lacking natural light, but very had plently of space for working and relaxing. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I ever slept in - wonderful! Tea and coffee making facilities were good too. I had breakfast in the room (fairly standard) so I didn't see the range of breakfast food on offer.
I tried to book into the restaurant the previous evening but it was booked out - a very good sign for a midweek night! I settled for bar food instead and it was very nice and efficiently served. The bar was very busy but I wasn't made to feel rushed even though I was a solo diner taking up a table for up to four. The hotel is famed for its olde-worlde decor and ambience and clearly is atttracting many visitors from the US and elsewhere. The patrons in the bar appeared to be a mixture of locals and visitors from abroad.
The location is great...it was a nice day when I checked out so I walked from the hotel to the train station..it took a leisurely 15 minutes. If you like shopping, Ennis has some lovely shops, particularly if you are into shoes! There are several really nice shoe shops and boutiques strung along the very narrow streets adjacent to the hotel. Overall, this hotel has a lot going for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Old Ground Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- Old Ground Hotel Ennis, Ireland - County Clare