stayed 2 nights with tour which included 2 breakfast and 1 dinner
room is good size. clean. comfortable bed. desk, small table, and 2 chairs.
bath room is remodeled and modern. extra towels. good shampoo, soap, etc.
in room safe. iron and board. place to hang clothes and shelves. small drawers.
US and European 2 prong outlets in bathroom. nice since outlets in Ireland are very different needing adapter. i also always carry a 2 prong to 3 US prong adapter and a 3 way 3 prong splitter so i can charge multiple devices from one outlet
fast good wifi in room and lobby and even parking lot. nice bar with food and music in lobby.
breakfast was good. some fruits, juices, cereal, pastries. made to order eggs and good mushrooms, sausage and Irish bacon. no omelet that i saw on menu of about 6-7 choices
my included dinner was good. salmon and prawn appetizer was very good. roasted beef entree was good. toffee cake and ice cream was ok. seemed more like a carrot cake
location seems close to shops just outside the bar, but i went out of town with tour bus, so can't say much about location.
my room was facing side parking lot and was comfortable with window open. others facing the front yard complained that it was hot with windows closed and there were people in front lawn talking till well past midnight. so try to ask for a room facing parking just in case. remember that most, if not not all, hotels in Ireland do not have air condition and it is really not needed even in July
only possible draw back is only one small elevator. my room was 3 floors up. they brought my bag and i took stairs rest of time. wasn't bad at all
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare