Totally charming courtyard and entrance. The "lift" is the size of 2 phone booths (kids, ask your parents about that reference). Pros: (1) Welcoming and helpful front desk staff, (2) the kind of charming restaurant and pub I expected for an old hotel, (3) One of the most updated rooms I stayed in out of 5 hotels, (4) The ground floor has multiple comfortable and welcoming sitting areas if you are waiting for your guests or just wish a pot of tea, (5) Good scones and pastries at the continental breakfast; I would like to see cured meats, cheeses, and smoked salmon like I have had at other hotels in Ireland, (6) step out of the hotel door to the shops, pubs and bakeries of Ennis. Cons: (1) Minor irritation that the breakfast staff just wants to get you the heck out of there. They walk about like they are being punished. One needs to beg for a second cup of coffee; they are not shy about bussing a table to hasten your departure. (2) No AC available; the windows crack open about 3". Thankfully Ireland's temperatures are mild in the summer months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare