We stayed at the Old Ground Hotel for two nights prior to leaving for home from Shannon. Our rooms were clean and comfortable, certainly roomy enough for us. The Poet's Corner Pub is attached and had great food at reasonable prices and music to boot. The breakfast in the Dining Room was grand but what this hotel has over any other is the staff. You can't stand still a minute without someone asking if you/ve been helped. Having coffee or tea in the sitting areas is a nice touch. There is parking on site and being right in town everything is a convenient walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare