Old Ground Hotel has history and as you enter the grounds you can feel it. Enter the lobby and approach the Desk and you will experience friendliness and exemplary efficiency from a front office staff who would a six star Hong Kong hotel proud. Our party of four experienced globetrotters have not experienced better.
My standard room - large, comfortable bed, soft, plump pillows surprised me, pleaantly. Good sized bath, gushing hot water and a shower system that belongs in an upper class golf locker room completed the requirements for a comfortable stay.
Residents have their own reception room but we spent most of our free pre dinner time in Poet's Bar. Good atmosphere, good service and good food. We dined at the adjacent Town Hall Restaurant most evenings - faultless service and excellent fare.
Location is in the centre of town adjacent to the cathedral. Visit Co Clare, visit Ennis and stay at Old Ground Hotel. You will not be disappointed, I promise you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Old Ground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- The Old Ground Ennis, Ireland - County Clare