The Old Ground Hotel was perfect for our stay in Ennis. The hotel is clean, and the rooms are comfortable, updated, and spacious. The hotel has a great pub, The Poet's Corner -- the waitstaff there was incredibly friendly and fun, and we got to see lots of live, traditional Irish music right there at the hotel. The Old Ground is located very close to many of the other pubs in Ennis, so you never have to go far for a good pour of Guinness! Many friends stayed down the road at the Temple Gate, which was also very nice, but The Old Ground felt a lot more old-school Irish (if there's such a thing). :) PS - If you're debating on staying in Ennis vs another nearby town, I'd highly recommend Ennis for the quaint shops (lots of good shopping!), 2 locations of O'Connors bakery, and the nearly 50 pubs in town!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Old Ground Hotel is located in the centre of Ennis town, just 20 minutes from Shannon International Airport. With 83 newly refurbished deluxe rooms, a restaurant with superb cuisine, it is within easy reach of The Wild Atlantic Way, The Cliffs of Moher and magnificent and challenging links golf courses. The Old Ground Hotel is an elegant and stylish retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Old Ground Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ground Hotel Ennis
- Old Ground Ennis
- Old Ground Hotel Ennis, Ireland - County Clare