“A wee gem”
Review of Ennis Friary

Ennis Friary
Ranked #2 of 39 things to do in Ennis
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Staff super friendly, knowledgeable and friendly.
Lots of information and exhibits and photography no problem.
Really enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This friary was on our to-do-list as we were staying outside of Ennis. After passing the exit for it many days, we finally made the turn. The friary itself is very old (of course) and we were happy wandering through the friary and the accompanying cemetery. The short drive from the freeway is gorgeous as most Irish 'lanes' are. I don't remember the name of the pub we had lunch at, right across from the friary, it was an old fashioned "locals" type of place. Good food, reasonable price, and right there!!

1  Thank Belinda R
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It was my lucky day! I arrived in Ennis and took a walking tour around the medieval city. The Friary is the oldest building in Ennis, so imagine my suprise when I entered to be told it was free!
I must admit, I would have paid the admission charge as historically it really was worth it.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We took a guided walking tour here, Jane, I believe was the guide. It was pleasant & informative ,the acoustics were good with her microphone. It's a small site and easy walk from hotel, walking all about in Ennis is easy & not to be missed.

1  Thank Kenneth L
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Would love to go back here again as the place itself is interesting historically and I love a good stone ruin. I also would have loved to have seen the cemetary but it started raining buckets as soon as I got inside and then there was thunder and lightening so the cemetary was just not doable.