“Perfect location”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Madrid, Spain
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in downtown Ennis, Ireland. You can walk to all of the downtown shops and restaurants in just a few minutes. The rooms are clean, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The staff is very helpful and gracious. We booked a King room and were upgraded to a Suite. They also have free parking which is a bonus. The hotel is about 40 minutes from the cliffs of Moher and one hour and 40 minutes from the Blarney Castle. They had made to order breakfast and a cold buffet. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Geraldine M, Sales & Events Manager at Temple Gate Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Beth S,

Thank you for your review, we are delighted you had such a comfortable stay with us and glad we could upgrade you.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Temple Gate Hotel in the future.

Sales & Events Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Oakdale, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had another opportunity to stay at the Templegate in April. We were a group of 84 people from 18 to 80 years old. It was amazing how everyone on staff went out of their way to meet and exceed the needs of everyone in our group. To have such a large and diverse group uniformly happy with all accommodations is a rare and wonderful thing. As a group leader, it made things so much more pleasant for me. Having stayed here in the past, both with my family and with a large group, I can recommend the Templegate without reservation. Their focus is always on their guests.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear David R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we were delighted to look after your group on your recent visit to Ennis.

dublin, ireland
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We got the Dublin Coach to Ennis which stops directly in front of the Temple Gate hotel, and found it fast, convenient and comfortable. The hotel is luxurious with top notch food in Legends restaurant and great bar/grill food in Preachers. Our room on the executive floor was a fine size with rich furnishings which gave our romantic weekend break an added feeling of luxury. Decent size bathroom too with a glam toiletries package. It's a great location for the Saturday farmers' market and for walking tours around the town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Geraldine M, Sales & Events Manager at Temple Gate Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Aine,

Thank you so much for the taking the time to review your recent romantic break in Ennis & The Temple Gate Hotel. Hope to welcome you back soon again!

Long Island, NY
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Spent two night here as part of our Globus Ireland tour. Loved the location, easy to walk to shops and restaurants. Decent size room and nice size bathroom. I still don't get the half shower doors we found in almost all the hotels in Ireland and Italy! Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angelo885
Dear Angelo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Temple Gate Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed our central location and we hope that you do get the opportunity to stay with us again.

Olney, Maryland
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The Temple Gate is in an excellent location! You can walk and shop throughout the town from the hotel. The staff are very friendly and we enjoyed Preacher's pub. We had breakfast included in our rate and it is delicious. The rooms were clean but basic. A very good value in Ennis!

Stayed May 2014
Dear Alliecat,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of The Temple Gate Hotel we are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much, looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Geraldine Minogue,
galway
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have passed this hotel so many times but never actually stayed! I really liked it and would stay again. Its near 2 minutes walking from everything so its great. We ate in the bar and there was a good crowd and sing song in the evening too! The room was nice the only thing was the cleaners at 730am who talked so so loud and kept waking us up! The store room was directly across from us so they kept going in and out it was so annoying!!!I would ask for a different room and probably on a higher floor too. The breakfast was nice there were loads of staff on maybe a bit too much. The shower was really powerful which was good!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tigerlilyfudge,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you finally got to stay with us and enjoyed Preachers Pub & breakfast in Legends Restaurant. We have taken on board your comments regarding the early noise from the accommodation staff and have rectified this.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Temple Gate Hotel & Ennis in the near future.

Conifer, Colorado
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed in Ennis my last night before heading back to Dublin for my flight home. There was plenty of free parking, the reception was very nice and friendly. My room was heated like a sauna when I got there which made it hard to get ready to go down to dinner - it was so hot I could hardly stand to be in there. I opened the window which looked out over the parking lot, and the door to the hall which got a breeze going thru the room. I called reception and they turned the heat off immediately and sent someone up with a fan. The room was nice and spacious, and the bathroom was clean and large. I went to eat at the restaurant which was lovely but on the expensive side so I decided to take my laptop to the pub and do pictures while I ate. The staff in the pub seemed not very attentive but I wasn't in a hurry. The menu was good for a pub - I had the Irish Stew with lamb which was tasty. I loved the decor of the pub - classic old wood. There was a musician which I thought was too loud but the people next to me were really enjoying it. The room was relatively quiet - I didn't hear anybody in the rooms next to me or below - just some revelers in the parking lot and the bed was comfortable. I had included breakfast which allowed me to choose from the menu as well as enjoying the buffet. The staff was rushed and brought me the wrong food initially but rectified it. Check out was quick and efficient (the same sweet girl was there as the night before). I had intended to go out and enjoy the pubs in Ennis which is why I chose this centrally located hotel, but ended up just enjoying the pub at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kathieAHPlanner
Dear Kathy,

Thank you for your overall review of your stay at Temple Gate Hotel we were happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also delighted that you choose to stay and savour the atmosphere, food & music in Preachers Pub as appose to venturing out to the many pubs near by. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel & the Ennis area in the future.

Sales & Events Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Temple Gate Hotel? Share your experiences!