“what a wonderful find”
Review of Newpark House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ennis
Newpark House
Ranked #2 of 34 Ennis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I found Newpark manor on Tripadvisor when I was looking for a place near Shannon to spend our last two nights in Ireland. It looked interesting and a bit quirky, and sounded like just the place for us, including the references to genealogy since my wife is Irish-Canadian on both sides. It was everything we hoped for and more. Beautiful antiques-filled manor house surrounded by 50 acres of quiet grounds with ruins, paths, cows, chickens, dogs and a cat. This place is probably not for everyone -- it is not like staying in a new hotel -- but I am recommending it to everyone I know who travels to Ireland, and I wouldn't consider staying elsewhere on our next trip. Really unique and lovely. If you go, take Declan's advice (he left the brochure in our room) and take the two - three hours Burren walk with Tony Kirby. It was one of the highlights of our trip. One of the many, many highlights, I might add. Bed was great, reading material rich and deep, and only 20 minutes to Shannon airport. Make sure you understand that it isn't a chain hotel and you'll love it.

Room Tip: Room 1 has a larger bed than the other rooms we looked at. If you're well over six feet as I am...

Reviewed 19 July 2013

In Nick Carraway's words (Fitzgerald), "not everyone has had the advantages I have had," and I am most blessed to have been able to travel to Ireland and land at the Newpark House in Ennis, County Clare, for a week. Accompanied by my husband and joining siblings and their spouses across the pond was exquisite, and sharing our trip with the proprietors extraordinaire (Declan and his Mum Bernie), elevated our experience to beyond expectations. The house is gorgeous, homey, historic, secluded yet close to conveniences, and story-book picturesque.
The location was perfect for all our day trips, to the Cliffs of Moher, the Dingle Peninsula, the Aran Islands (via boat out of Doolin), Milltown Malbay for the Willie Clancy music festival, Spanish Point, and of course, the lovely town of Ennis with many shops and unique boutiques and quaint historic pubs alive in the evenings with traditional Irish music.
The included breakfast was a daily feast with many choices for all tastes; I especially loved the variety of fresh breads and scones and biscuits and the many flavors of homemade jams and marmalades, special "sides" to whatever breakfast chosen.
As is typical when you return from a magical experience, you are quick to plan a return visit. My husband (Dan) and I are already looking forward a future trip that includes a stay at the Newpark House. We highly recommend it! Char (and Dan) Hall

Room Tip: Rooms 2 and 3 share a large balcony overlooking the ruins on the grounds below and the charming gard...
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I spent our last two nights at Newpark House four years ago and it was our absolute favorite of the eight days we were in Ireland. We liked it so much that when we planned a return journey for this summer with my sister and brother and their spouses, I wrote to Declan to secure rooms for an entire week. We asked for our beautiful room with canopy bed, window seats and sitting area (Room 5) back again and he offered the two rooms that share a balcony (Rooms 2 and 3) for the other two couples. It was perfect! I hadn't realized how big the balcony is; it was like having an extra room that we all shared, especially in the evenings after busy days, overlooking the lovely garden and yard. The property is secluded and peaceful, the house is historic and Bronte-esque with gorgeous and appropriate furnishings; the rooms and ensuite baths are very roomy and clean; the hosts (the very gracious Declan and his wonderful Mum Bernie) do anything and everything to ensure that their guests are comfortable and happy and have all the best information for nearby attractions and best travel routes and just everything right down to researching their ancestry. They truly go above and beyond and are great conversationalists to boot! Breakfast is exquisite; so much variety even if you don't choose the delicious full Irish breakfast with eggs from their own hens and finally done to perfection. The fresh fruit, unique yogurts, and homemade porridge are topped if you wish by fresh berries picked right there on the property. Even the resident pups are a pleasure to know! (Our favorite was Jesse with the bushy eyebrows and Irish face!) It is just so comfortable and homey, yet so elegant at the same time, it is a place you just have to experience to really appreciate. And Ennis is the perfect hub for short trips to Doolin, the Cliffs of Moher, Galway, Bunratty, the Burren, and our favorite, Milltown Malbay for the annual Willie Clancy Music Festival. Shannon Airport is a quick and easy 20 minutes away.

Needless to say, we can't wait to return to Newpark House. It gets our highest recommendation.

Cathie (and Rick) Barry

Room Tip: Please see above for our favorites, but we peaked at every room and they are all lovely!
1  Thank Rick and Cathie B
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Newpark House in Ennis. The historic property is charming and surrounded by many acres of woods and pastures to explore. Our room was very comfortable; breakfasts were excellent. Our hosts, Bernie and Declan, were delightful and very accommodating.

1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We were in Ireland on our Honeymoon and I really wanted to stay in a castle; so I was sad when I found out they were 500 EUR a night!!! When my husband found this B&B I was so happy because it was really like a minature Castle. Kind of like something you would see in a pride and prejudice era. The whole house was decorated and don eup so nicely. There is a drawing room and a big dinning room. Breakfast was served at the big table and gave guests a chance to chat about where they were from and where they had been. The food was great. The rooms were neat and the bed was one of the comfiest we had throughout our trip.
Also, the grounds were neat to check out and it was only a 5minute drive from the city centre. It felt like you were out in the country with no noise and there was even a beautiful field full of buttecups out front.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caitlin H
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Newpark House is a great place to stay in a country setting. It is beautifully decorated and there are lots of comfy places to lounge and relax. Our rooms were spacious and comfortable and breakfast was delicious. We all appreciated the lovely ambiance of the house and the warm hospitality of the hosts. Our stay here was a special treat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank corkybleu
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed at the Newpark House for one night in May 2013 and it was really beautiful and on very nice grounds. The room was nice, the decor in the entire house was beautiful. I wish we would not have been so rushed and could have spent more time walking around the grounds and getting to know Declan, our host a little better. The breakfast was very good. If I ever come back to Ireland, I will plan on staying here again and seeing if I can find out some more about my ancestry. I didn't get a lot of chances to talk to Declan very much during our visit but whenever I spoke with Declan via email before our trip he was always very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dreamchaserme
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
The Old Ground
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel

Been to Newpark House? Share your experiences!