“Go, Go, Go, you have to eat here”
Review of Suas Coffee House

Suas Coffee House
Ranked #4 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Ennis
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: International, Contemporary, Cafe, European, Irish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Officially the Best Cup of Coffee in Ireland! #BestCupIRL Today FM Also included in: The Irish Times '10 of the best coffee shops in Ireland', The Journal '16 of the Best Coffee Shops in Ireland' and RSVP '10 of the Best places to Eat & Drink in Clare'. Suas Coffee House in an Independent Specialty Coffee House serving single-origin, direct trade Specialty Coffee with a food offering for Breakfast, Lunch and the Afternoon to compliment the coffee. We serve coffee roasted in Dublin by 3FE Coffee and the finest single estate teas from Waterloo Tea Company. We change our coffee every day and our food is fresh, healthy, natural and everything is made in-house! Suas Coffee House has just moved to a bigger and better location on O' Connell Street in the heart of Ennis. Serving 3FE Coffee in the heart of Ennis, Clare since 2013. '10 of the Best Coffee Shops in Ireland' The Irish Times 2014 '16 of the Best Places to get Coffee in Ireland' The Journal 2015 '10 of the Best Places to Eat & Drink in Clare' RSVP 2015 'Best Cup of Coffee in Ireland' Today FM 2015
“Go, Go, Go, you have to eat here”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a great place to eat. I have eaten here numerous times and I LOVE the Breakfast Bap. Very satisfying. The do great Matcha Pancakes. Great selection of food and drinks. The coffee is amazing/

• Visited April 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“Among the best coffee in the country”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Serves a variety of high quality coffee beans from all over the world, roasted with care by a team of skilled baristas. Whether you are a coffee connoisseur or a casual drinker, you can expect Conor to indulge you with a mini-education as you drink your cup. I recommend going during downtimes so that you're not kept waiting for a seat. Wifi available. SUAS is up there with the likes of Coffee Angel, KAPH and 3FE and is without a doubt the best coffee house in Ennis!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SorchaNB
“Great space, friendly staff, and a great conversation about coffee”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I were recently on our honeymoon in Ireland, and just happened to chance upon Suas while staying in nearby Dromoland. We consider ourselves pretty knowledgeable when it comes to coffee (we frequent a few third wave shops in Denver), and aside from 3fe and a few related cafes in Dublin (looking at you, Kaph), Ireland was proving to be a veritable wasteland for decent coffee.

The space was great, it was bright, not too cluttered, but also minimalist to the point of feeling sterile, and had great windows for street viewing. Conor took our order (we went solely for coffee, so I can't speak for the food) and engaged in a lengthy discussion with us on everything from roasting/brewing methods, to elevation's affects on beans (being from Colorado this was something I always wondered about), to the local Irish music festival going on that week, which we regrettably missed.

All in all, if you're pining for a good cup of single origin pour over, good espresso, with a great atmosphere and friendly staff you'd be hard pressed to find a rival!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank David C
Clare
“poor value for money”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

myself & my wife attended this restaurant today having heard about the review to it by the Irish Times newspaper. The review obviously the review did not include the soup. I had the vegetable soup which I gave back as it was very watery. My wife had the Spanish pepper soup was quite good however when we were paying I was told that the cost was €8 (no invoice presented to me). it was only after leaving that it began to dawn on me that I was probably charged for the watery soup as well. if I wasn't then it is definitely poor value for money.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank SashaClare
Vallejo, California
“Delightful food, delicious music, and colour”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Friends had recommended Suas, and I wish I had made my visit sooner! This is a place that takes food and coffee in earnest, and it complements them with a really special setting, overlooking The Height in Ennis. When you sit by the window, you find yourself half as high as O'Connell on his towering pedestal, peering down at the activity of the town's very centre. It's a charming view in June, for sure. The salads we ordered were made of simple ingredients that tasted and looked special. Suas has a light style with food, décor, and music. Gentle and lively songs from the 1920s and 1930s felt somehow just perfect. And coffee! Suas is a place for connoisseurs of coffee, or just people like me who love a good flavourful cup.

A note about the second-floor location: for those who would struggle with the stairs, there is a lift. Hooray!

Visited June 2014