“Great ending to our trip!”
Review of Grey Gables B & B

and 1 more site!
Grey Gables B & B
Ranked #3 of 33 Ennis B&B and Inns
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Great ending to our trip!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed here on August 8th. We came early so our room wasn't ready yet, but Mary let us put or luggage outside our room door and she was going to put it in our room and lock it up for us. Very nice. She gave us some great suggestions on places to eat. Very nice room. Good shower and a very spacious room. I loved the hardwood floors. The building is gorgeous and there are several places to sit. The lounge with the internet was very cute. Breakfast was great, We had a lot of choices. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nathan S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sandy, Oregon
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My mother, sister and I stayed at Grey Gables for one night. I wish we could have stayed longer. The town of Ennis is very cute. We found a great Irish pub nearby to eat at and even got to listen to traditional Irish music. Mary at Grey Gables was a wonderful host. The rooms are comfortable. The Irish breakfast in the morning was very good. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anasthasia B
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My sisters & I stayed here for the 1st 2 nights of our trip (21-22 June). After checking in, Mary Keane informed us of the International Music Festival which was happening that evening. She told us where is was to be and where we should get our passes. As it happened, we were keen to hear traditional music, so it was a perfect suggestion for us. The city center was an easy walk from Grey Gables. The breakfast were delicious. Mrs. Keane schedules her breakfasts so that everyone has time. The potato waffles were quite light and crisp! One of the reviews complained that the wi-fi was only available in the guest lounge, but we didn't find this an inconvenience. The room is quite comfortable and we had cups of tea while we read & sent emails or wrote post cards.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room towards the back.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christi M
malta europe
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a visit to Ireland and cannot but just think of the lovely time we spent in Ennis in County Claire.

We have taken the trip to Ennis in the mid term of our holiday in Dublin. We stayed in a four star hotel which we could not fault as it was what one could expect at a four star rating.

Coming from a background of over 35 years in the hotel industry,I naturally tend to look through a critical lens and this is what my comments are.

Our holiday really started when we arrived at the Grey Gables. It is such a beautiful and welcoming accommodation....The first impression was that the place is really welcoming and excellently looked after. It surely exceeded our expectations and we were still at the doorstep!!

We rang the bell and the lovey Mary came to the door and gave us the warmest welcome one could ever expect. My wife and I are more then happy that we chose Grey Gables and from then onwards we could`nt then just praise Ms.Mary Keane for the excellent way she runs the place and the service is a fine example and reflection of a person who gives her heart to see that her customers have a really pleasant stay.

The rooms are so beautifully decorated and the cleanliness is something you see and feel. From the crisp bed linen to the curtains to the garden at the back,parking area, everywhere is spotless.
I fell in love with the lovely breakfast room. The colour scheme is so calming and there is nothing better then to start the day in a room like this complimented with a really nice, tasty and varied breakfast.
We were really impressed with the service Mary gives to her customers and I can easily point out that she should be recognized for being an excellent example and an asset to the Irish tourist industry.

Please Mary accept our big thank you and appreciation for making our stay an unforgettable experience with your dedication throughout our stay.

Blessings from Charles and Therese (Malta)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 231charles
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Our daughter and her husband recommended Grey Gables to us and I am so glad they did. It is charming inside and out and just a 5 minute walk from the bus station and five more to town center. Mary Keane was so helpful and friendly. We never would have found our way to Bunratty Castle without her, let alone enjoyed the medeival banquet there. Within minutes of arriving, she had advised us of how to get there, the hours, and even dialed the castle for us to reserve a place at the banquet then hurried us out the door so we wouldn't miss the next bus. When we arrived back about 10, she heard us fumbling with the front door and appeared promptly to rescue us and ask us how we had enjoyed the castle. She then asked if we were interested in hearing some good Irish music. We took her advice and walked the short few blocks to the two pubs she recommended.

We had a lovely large room, very comfortable. The breakfast room is beautiful and she had a good choice of breakfasts. I ordered fresh fruit to have with my potato waffle, expecting maybe a couple slices of melon, but instead was surprised and pleased to be served a good sized bowl filled with a variety of fresh fruit. We enjoyed the sitting room at the frront and wish we would have had time to take advantage of the outside garden area for coffee. Everything about Mary's place was wonderful and I am so glad to have ended our trip on such a good note! This will definitely be our first choice if we ever get to Ennis again.

Room Tip: The room at the top of the spiral staircase (room #3) at the front of the house was very large, wel...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Margie M
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Since we were walking, location meant everything. Grey Gables was between the bus station and old town or the old square. Mary told us about the local music festival as soon as we arrived. We had a large room. Breakfasts were good but scheduled ahead since Mary seemed to be serving alone. It was very quiet. We would go back!

Room Tip: Grey gables is set back from the street so any room would be good.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Misserino C
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I was traveling on my own and stayed here on the first night of my trip. It couldn't have been better! Location is perfect, especially if you're arriving by bus! *Very* short walk from the bus depot, and barely any further to the main downtown area of O'Connell St. Mary was a wonderful hostess and the full breakfast was amazing, and served in a bright, cheerful room painted up boldly in the blue and gold colors of Co. Clare! The rooms were nice, clean, and well-decorated. I suppose anyone could have a bad experience anywhere, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone, and will hopefully be back again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo