My boyfriend and I got a great two night deal to stay here. I did check Trip Advisor before our trip so I was sceptical arriving and I'm glad I did otherwise I would have been very disappointed. Our room was so plain and lifeless, some art work would have made all the difference and our concrete view left us with no desire to open the curtains in the morning.
The leisure centre is what makes the hotel a 3***. It is faultless. It's clean, modern facilities (such as a swimsuit drier) are such a contrast to the rest of the hotel so needless to say we spent a lot of time in the pool! The walk to the pool is an interesting experience as the closer you get to the pool the better the rooms get, as in they do a full circle. I'm not sure if it's luck whether you get one of these rooms or they can be requested but I would recommend trying it.
No doubt the staff are friendly but the receptionist we spoke to was so uninformed on Claire. We asked directions to get to somewhere in the Burren and her response was 'Oh I'm not from here' and the next lady said 'Why would you be going there, it's just rocks', and she then proceeded to tell us directions to Father Teds house instead! Not exactly the attitude we were expecting.
I wouldn't stay here again but it wasn't an awful experience, staff are friendly, the leisure centre is superb and we loved the 'rocks'!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 Star Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre is one of the leading Ennis Hotels which is famed for its traditional music and warm hospitality. The rooms at the Auburn Lodge Hotel Ennis are furnished with your comfort in mind and offer some of the best hotel accommodation Clare has to offer. The River Lodge Health & Fitness Club includes a Swimming pool, Gymnasium, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna along with four Beauty Treatment rooms, and is one of the most modern leisure facilities in the West of Ireland. Diners can enjoy traditional or continental cuisine at the Oyster restaurant. Tailor Quigleys Bar serves food all day and at night you can often enjoy a music session with many of County Clare's well known musicians. The Auburn Lodge Hotel in Clare is an ideal base for touring Bunratty, th Burren, Aillwee Caves and the Cliffs of Moher (20 minutes). Convenient to all local golf courses including Lahinch Golf Links Course. Shannon International Airport is just 15km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auburn Lodge Hotel And Leisure Centre
- Auburn Hotel Ennis
- Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre Ennis, Ireland - County Clare