I went there in September for 2 nights, lovely reception area bar. Long walk to room but that was fine. Room was fine nothing extra, ordinary cant say i found a smell like others did mines was fine. Hard beds all the same , some people will like that me not so much. some staff where friendly not all might i say. Now for parts i didnt like..
Breakfast on both nights not good and im not fussy with food, eggs i couldnt even eat. Milk containers for the cereal must not of been cleaned out correctly both mornings as there was a thick blob of creamed milk came on to my cereals ( o that so turns me off). I was at a party booking in the hotel and they just didnt seem to be ready for us coming at all. was no one in the bar when we arrived and was only 1 then 2 serving but a few more came to serve after a while. When we were called in for dinner they where defo not ready for the main party to arrive in as we where sitting at tables for a good wee while. Now some unforeseen situations did happen so i have allowed extra time for this as it could not be helped. timing between each course was some time. Meal was just ok but I was taking to people that did not enjoy food at all. Dessert now you could do better I think. Tea and coffee is always after the meal right, right for some people that could stop a waitress and ask them for a cup. some young waitress was running around with a big pot of tea or coffee after meal. did we have cups NO! did we get a Cup, NO! Very badly organised 1 girl going around i only saw 2 tables getting tea or coffee. and they had to stop waitress going passed when she was giving out cups and she didnt even return with more cups but i did see her passing 3-4 times with a pot and seeing no cups. Get staff organised people! With breakfast the next day was not up to too much it wasnt a great experience for me. I sadly say i will not recommend this hotel to others and i will not be returning to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 Star Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre is one of the leading Ennis Hotels which is famed for its traditional music and warm hospitality. The rooms at the Auburn Lodge Hotel Ennis are furnished with your comfort in mind and offer some of the best hotel accommodation Clare has to offer. The River Lodge Health & Fitness Club includes a Swimming pool, Gymnasium, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna along with four Beauty Treatment rooms, and is one of the most modern leisure facilities in the West of Ireland. Diners can enjoy traditional or continental cuisine at the Oyster restaurant. Tailor Quigleys Bar serves food all day and at night you can often enjoy a music session with many of County Clare's well known musicians. The Auburn Lodge Hotel in Clare is an ideal base for touring Bunratty, th Burren, Aillwee Caves and the Cliffs of Moher (20 minutes). Convenient to all local golf courses including Lahinch Golf Links Course. Shannon International Airport is just 15km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auburn Lodge Hotel And Leisure Centre
- Auburn Hotel Ennis
- Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre Ennis, Ireland - County Clare