“What a fantastic Wedding Venue..”

Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Aidan and I got married on November 23rd 2013 and all we can say is what a fantastic venue.. The Events Planner Ann Marie worked so closely with everything and took any idea on board and made it all come to life.. From the table settings to the amazing mulled wine reception which all my guests said was the best they have ever tasted!! Dinner was just second to none.. When my guests walked in to the room I think they were in Ah with how fabulous the room looked!!
All staff was so attentive, James and Mark were great on the night made everything run so well. If anyone is looking for a great homely hotel with fires lit at every corner and a great friendly atmosphere and a chic banqueting room this is your venue I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Myself and my partner purchased a Dealrush voucher that was for a 2 night stay. The staff warmly greeted us and were extremely helpful for our entire stay.

The leisure center:

The gym members and staff of the center were very friendly. The 18m pool was quiet enough around 8 a.m so I was able to have an entire lane and gym to myself for a good while. The sauna was rather small, but it was still relaxing, but the steam room was unfortunately out of service. They have another warm up gym which is located in a different building behind the gym (ask at the counter).

Location: We walked into town which was about a 20-25 minute walk from the Lodge. There is a Lidl literally out the back door, which was rather convenient.

Food: The breakfast was average. It consisted of basic cereals, toast, and a few hot dishes. We ate in the bar attached to the hotel which and had dinner there the first night. Overall it was good value for money.

Room: I didn't give the rating a perfect 5 because the room and overall hotel was a little too out of date for me. I didn't mind it, but it could do with an upgrade. Everything was clean though and well kept.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Weltnomad
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at the auburn hotel before but my post was not on tripadvisor for some reason but for my second visit I really wanted to write a review.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough, the staff are fantastic from reception to bar and restaurant all the staff we met were friendly and polite which really does make a difference when we stayed there was a wedding on and the manager showed us the room the morning of the wedding it looked beautiful (I wish I was getting married again) we will keep coming back .

See you in the new year.

Room Tip: If you are a repeat customer ask for a new room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here with our 2 grandchildren of 6 & 7, who live nearby, mainly because it has a pool.
Our room was nice, clean, warm, and everything would have been perfect,
if it wasn't for the fact that children are not allowed in the pool in the morning.
This we hadn't been told, so it was a massive disappointment, as we were mainly there for the pool, and we'd promised the children a swim before going to school.
Also, the changing room was quite cold.
Not very child friendly, and we hope The Auburn Lodge will change their policy regarding this aspect.
What was good, is, that the hotel has some great 'Special Offers', which is what we used,
and children can stay for free in your room, which Is good Child Policy.
So, mostly good experience, apart from the children not being allowed to swim in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alma F
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in October and from,arrival to departure it was a pleasure.
restaurant staff were very attentive and apologised when we were left waiting over a small mix up in the kitchen.
Breakfast was lovely as was dinner with plenty of choice on offer.
lots to do in Ennis which is a short taxi/drive away.( We tried Knoxs bar which was great and lively)
i stupidly left my charger in the room upon departure but Louise in reception rang me after a few days trying to track,it down and promptly posted it out to me.
Many thanks guys. Will,definitely be back,soon Dave

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davedarave00
Reviewed 13 November 2013

we recently stayed here for two nights as part of a group and I only have nice things to say about this hotel. I have never met staff like them anywhere from the cheery good morning I got from the house keepers to the bar staff who were as friendly and chatty at 2am as they were at 2pm. The receptionists on arrival couldn't do enough for us and were so helpful. Breakfast was a mini feast with a large selection of juices, cereals, fruit with various yogurts before having a hot self service breakfast. Nothing was trouble to the restaurant staff, no matter what I asked for. The rooms are a little dated but the beds were very comfortable. I didn't have my children with me but I'd imagine if they were they would have been most welcome. The leisure centre was also lovely and spotlessly clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in Clare/Ennis direction. The hotel might be three star but the staff were most definitely 5 star!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnneMD_12
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I recently attended a wedding at the Auburn. I was really mpressed the staff were extremely friendly and helpful nothing was too much to ask for. The food was fab and so much of it a lot better than other higher rated hotels i 've been to. Not one person could fault the whole day. I would definetly reccomend this hotel as a future wedding venue.,

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank donna g
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel

Been to Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!