I've just returned from a one night stay at Auburn Lodge where 7 of us stayed the night. You get what you expect there considering the good value price paid, nothing special.
The stay had worked out well and we were all happy until it came to checkout. We were staying on a B&B package and had signed some sandwiches on to the room the day before. When we went to checkout we were told we owed €60 and were never presented with a print out of the bill.
I've been to many hotels of various classes all over the world and have always received a print out of the bill for me to check before paying. We queried what was costing this amount and it was found that a meal had been signed to our room by someone else. We queried that we did not consume this food to which was met by a response by the very rude and abrupt receptionist called Nuala "well it's on your room". I asked to see the signature and it was a completely different name to any of our 7 names, of which they had all of on their system. So a simple check by them and they would have seen that that person was not staying in that room.
Nuala eventually, very reluctantly, took this off our bill but left us all feeling that we "got away with it" even though we had nothing to get away with it. I wouldn't recommend this hotel as they don't trust their guests and most worryingly it seems very easy for someone to sign something on to your room. I wouldn't like to think people have to battle a very rude receptionist like Nuala when they are checking out after a nice stay but leave with a sour taste in their mouths after something like that happens.
It could have been handled in a nice manner very easily by Nuala realising it was a mistake and offering an apology but it was her attitude in dealing with it and lack of apology (at the end of the day it was the hotel's fault) that made it worse than it needed to be.
Customer service at its very worst.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 Star Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre is one of the leading Ennis Hotels which is famed for its traditional music and warm hospitality. The rooms at the Auburn Lodge Hotel Ennis are furnished with your comfort in mind and offer some of the best hotel accommodation Clare has to offer. The River Lodge Health & Fitness Club includes a Swimming pool, Gymnasium, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna along with four Beauty Treatment rooms, and is one of the most modern leisure facilities in the West of Ireland. Diners can enjoy traditional or continental cuisine at the Oyster restaurant. Tailor Quigleys Bar serves food all day and at night you can often enjoy a music session with many of County Clare's well known musicians. The Auburn Lodge Hotel in Clare is an ideal base for touring Bunratty, th Burren, Aillwee Caves and the Cliffs of Moher (20 minutes). Convenient to all local golf courses including Lahinch Golf Links Course. Shannon International Airport is just 15km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auburn Lodge Hotel And Leisure Centre
- Auburn Hotel Ennis
- Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre Ennis, Ireland - County Clare